- Free Courses
- Courses for Users
- Courses for Splunk Administrators
- Courses for Splunk Cloud Customers
- Courses for Splunk Architects
- Courses for App Developers
- Courses for Enterprise Security Administrators
- Courses for Enterprise Security End-Users
- Courses for IT Service Intelligence Administrators
- Courses for IT Service Intelligence End-Users
- Certification Tracks
- Splunk Fundamentals 1
- Splunk Fundamentals 2
- Advanced Searching and Reporting
- Advanced Dashboards and Visualizations
- Building Splunk Apps
- Splunk for Analytics and Data Science
- Splunk Infrastructure Overview
- Splunk Enterprise System Administration
- Splunk Enterprise Data Administration
- Troubleshooting Splunk Enterprise
- Splunk Enterprise Cluster Administration
- Splunk Cloud Administration
- Architecting Splunk Enterprise Deployments
- Splunk Architect Certification Lab
- Developing with Splunk's Java and Python SDKs
- Administering Splunk Enterprise Security
- Using Splunk Enterprise Security
- Implementing Splunk IT Service Intelligence
- Using Splunk IT Service Intelligence
- Splunk User Behavior Analytics
- All Videos
- Splunk Cloud Tutorial
- Installing Splunk Enterprise 6 on Linux
- Installing Splunk Enterprise 6 on Windows
- Getting Data In to Splunk Enterprise (Linux)
- Getting Data In (Windows)
- Getting Data In with Forwarders
- Basic Search in Splunk Enterprise 6.3
- Create a Dashboard in Splunk Enterprise
- Using the Splunk MINT SDK for Android
- Using the Splunk MINT SDK for iOS
- Basic Search in Splunk Light
- Create Reports in Splunk Light
- Create Dashboards in Splunk Light
- Create Alerts in Splunk Light
- Download Fact Sheet
The User, Power User, and Admin certification exams consist of a set number of multiple choice, true/false, multiple select, and fill-in-the-blank questions.
The three online exams can be taken from anywhere with a reliable internetconnection, at any time that is convenient for you.
You have one hour to complete the online exam after the first page of questions displays. You cannot go back to review any of your previous answers. Once you start the exam you must complete it; you cannot pause the exam.
We will not provide answers to questions you missed or a question-by-question performance analysis. Each exam attempt is automatically followed with a results email which includes a breakdown of the score by topic. This is the most specific feedback we can offer regarding exam performance.
This Exam Agreement is made and entered into as of the date you click “I Agree” [when starting the exam] and is between you and Splunk Inc. (“Splunk”). The exam is made available to you only for the purpose of demonstrating your competency in the subject matter of the exam for which you seek certification.
This exam, including questions, answers, and graphics within the exam, is Splunk confidential information and is protected by intellectual property laws. All intellectual property rights are expressly reserved to Splunk.
By taking this exam, you agree that:
- It is you and only you taking this exam and that you are not accepting improper assistance.
- You will not disseminate the actual exam content or answers.
- You will not copy, reproduce, publish, disclose, transmit, sell, offer to sell, post, upload, download, display, distribute in any way, or otherwise transfer, modify, make derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or translate the exam in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose.
- You will not use the exam content or answers in any manner that violates applicable law.
- You have not sought or obtained (i) unauthorized access to the exam content, (ii) access to exam answers, or (iii) others’ responses to exam questions, to prepare for this exam.
Any violation of this agreement may result in a revocation of your certification and ability to seek future Splunk certifications.
Last updated 05/2017
What happens if I don’t pass the test?
A candidate who does not achieve apassing score on an exam after the first must wait at least five days before retaking the exam. The original link to the exam will be re-activated.
If you do not pass the second time, you must wait 30 days after the second attempt before taking the exam a third time. The link to retake the exam will only be available after the 30 days have passed.
A failing score after the third attempt requires a 60-day waiting period before the fourth attempt. The link to retake the exam will only be available after the 60 days have passed.
After four failed attempts, you will need to complete a waiver form to be considered for the fifth examination. These will be granted at Splunk’s full discretion on a case-by-case basis.
The exam cannot be taken more than five times within a 12-month period, which begins the day of the fifth unsuccessful retake.
Upon achieving a passing score, you will not be allowed to retake the exam again.
If you believe you have noted an error on an exam or believe that a specific question you saw on a Splunk Certification exam is invalid, you may submit the Certification Exam Challenge Form found here.