and student outcomes
What Campus Networks Need Today
Educational institutions are particularly vulnerable to security threats given their open network architectures and the sheer number of users they serve across different delivery channels on and off campus. They’re also expected to meet multiple regulatory requirements and standards like PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, FERPA and HIPAA, which only adds to the demands placed on the IT infrastructure.
Splunk® software helps you:
- Collect and index all your machine data to enable end-to-end situational awareness
- Gain better visibility into IT operations and data requirements for regulations and mandates
- Monitor networks in higher education to ensure cost-effective security, compliance and risk mitigation
- Support ad hoc reporting and real-time monitoring of incidents and attacks so security teams can be more proactive in responding to threats
- Drive down costs for more effective operations and better decisions at the educational institution as a whole
Higher Education Use Cases
Detecting Network Abuse
Enhancing Campus Services
Splunk at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
We are using Splunk Enterprise to identify and solve some of our biggest operational challenges and make critical operational decisions. From our admins to our CIO, we rely on the Splunk platform to make huge volumes of data meaningful to our decision makers at every level.
Splunk at Adelaide University
Previously it could take hours to extract and analyze logs to identify security issues, now it can be measured in minutes. Splunk software has given us the highest degree of certainty in meeting our immediate and future security needs.
Splunk at University of Texas at Austin
We use Splunk software daily and it's critical to our operations. It makes us better equipped to detect new anomalies and respond to them quickly. Without it, we would be far less effective—I'm sure of that.
Splunk at American University of Sharjah
Splunk software can index any data and help you to create meaningful reports for any situation. I have learned to throw as much data as possible at Splunk software. The more you use it, the more value you get from it.