- Optimal storage options: Match Dell EMC products to your size and performance needs
- Cost-effective and flexible scale-out: Converged infrastructure provides scale-out compute and storage options
- Efficient backup and restore capabilities: Secure data encryption, data reduction services, and integrated copy data management
Splunk-validated configurations: Meet or exceed Splunk’s reference hardware performance
In our increasingly digital world, the datacenter has become the center of business innovation and customer satisfaction. The ability to innovate quickly demands a new approach for making IT investments to meet new demands and continually reduce the costs of operations. Many enterprises are investing heavily on converged infrastructure as their primary method of implementing new capacity moving forward. Dell EMC and Splunk are leading in this transformation. They’re doing this by empowering organizations to better manage their machine data.
Machine data is valuable because it contains a definitive record of all the activity and behavior of your customers, users, transactions, applications, servers, networks and mobile devices. To gain actionable insights from their machine data, organizations must transition from legacy data management, storage and analytics approaches to fully leverage the growing amount of data generated across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
To help you deliver the Operational Intelligence needed to drive your organization’s digital transformation, Dell EMC and Splunk have partnered to provide jointly validated reference architectures for scalability and performance. When paired together, Dell EMC and Splunk combine the analytics provided by the Splunk platform with the cost-effective, scalable and flexible infrastructure of Dell EMC.
Why Dell EMC Solutions for Splunk?
Splunk Enterprise makes it simple to collect, analyze and act upon the untapped value of machine data, helping you deliver real-time, end-to-end visibility across your infrastructure. Dell EMC offers the perfect complement of hardware and storage platforms and business applications – enabling informed, data-driven decisions. Splunk Enterprise has many critical uses across IT and the business, including:
- IT operations analytics
- Security and behavioral analytics
- Business analytics
Together, Splunk software and Dell EMC solutions eliminate silos by providing a single offering for integrating and analyzing data across a right-sized, dedicated set of infrastructure and systems. These solutions provide more comprehensive monitoring, troubleshooting and analytics, specifically helping customers to:
- Find and Fix Problems Faster: Reduce mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) from hours or days to seconds or minutes with Splunk software combined with Dell EMC datacenter solutions. This enables you to not only eliminate manual hunting for anomalous events, but also monitor both real-time and historical data to pinpoint trends.
- Monitor End-to-End Infrastructure: Collect and index any type of machine data and systematically analyze infrastructure tiers in your Dell EMC environments. Correlate events across multiple data sources and automatically discover patterns in your data. Set alerts and notifications to proactively be notified for rapid problem detection resolution.
- Reduce TCO and Increase Scale: The combined solution delivers multiple cost-capacity-performance tradeoffs, thus leveraging the right type of storage infrastructure for the right performance tier. Deploy quickly and ask any question of your data instantly. From here, define and measure the KPIs and SLAs that are most relevant to your organization to make real-time business decisions. Reduce the cost of designing and managing analytics solutions with data protection and out-of-the-box continuity of managed data.
Dell EMC’s offerings easily and cost-effectively scale to meet or exceed the performance and capacity requirements for an effective Splunk Enterprise deployment. Dell EMC converged infrastructure solutions simplify purchasing and deployment, reduce hardware management overhead, and accelerate time-to-value. Dell EMC offers a wide portfolio of options to match the performance and pricing needs of both large and small Splunk Enterprise deployments.
Include many Dell EMC products in your Splunk monitoring capability with integration through Apps and Add-Ons. Splunk Apps and Add-Ons are available for:
- Dell EMC XtremIO App and Add-On for Splunk Enterprise
- Dell EMC Isilon App and Add-on for Splunk Enterprise
- Dell EMC VNX App and Add-On for Splunk Enterprise
- Dell EMC VMAX App and Add-On for Splunk Enterprise
Dell EMC and Splunk have validated a number of joint solutions that include documented sizing, deployment guidance, and performance ratings. These solutions guides are currently available:
- Vblock 540 + Isilon
- VxRail + Isilon
Many Dell EMC solutions are paired with Isilon to provide “bottomless cold data” storage. This enables you to process larger volumes of Splunk data for longer data retention periods with lower TCO compared to keeping all your data in hot/warm buckets.
For more information, visit www.splunk.com/dellemc.