Creating Modular Inputs (e-learning)
This one-hour course covers the Splunk modular input development concepts. The Splunk modular input is an extension of the Splunk custom input capability. It is a way to treat and interact with your scripted input definitions as one of the Splunk native inputs.
- Describe modular inputs and how they differ from scripted inputs
- Identify data that is a good candidate for a modular input
- Create modular inputs
- List modular input introspection scheme options
- Index input error messages to the Splunk internal index
- Customize the Data Inputs form in Splunk Web Manager for your modular inputs
Self-paced e-learning, requires HTML5 compatible browser.
- Basic understanding of programing (preferably Python)
- Using Splunk
- Searching and Reporting with Splunk
- Administrating Splunk
- Developing Apps with Splunk