What are Training Units?
Training Units, formerly known as "education credits" or "training credits", are Splunk Education-specific currency that can be used on any paid Splunk training offering. Companies can purchase training units for their employees to use through their sales representatives.
Training Unit Policies
- Generally, Training Units expire one year from the date of purchase. Check your Splunk Quote or Order Document for details
- Instructor-led training must start before the Training Unit expiration date.
- Self-paced eLearning must be registered before the Training Unit expiration date. The eLearning class can then be accessed for up to 12 months.
- NOTE: Please consult with your organization if you have questions about whether you have permission/consent from your organization to consume training units.
Instructor-Led and Paid eLearning Training Registration Steps
You must register for each individual course you are interested in. Please be sure to review the prerequisite knowledge required for each course.
- Log in to STEP to browse for training. You will be prompted to log in to Splunk Education using your splunk.com account credentials. If you do not have an account, you can create one from the login page.
- You can use the search bar at the top right or use the filters on the left to find courses.
- Click the title of the course you are interested in to view the schedule.
- Click the "Buy Now" button next to the session you are interested in to check out immediately. Otherwise, use the down arrow to select "Add to Cart" and continue shopping.
- Click "Check Out" when ready.
- Select "Training Units" on the right near the top to display the cost of the course in Training Units.
- In the Payment Method section, apply the number of training units from the agreement numbers you are authorized to use. You can apply training units from multiple agreements as needed.
- Once the "Reaming training unit" number displays zero, you have applied enough training units..
- Click "Complete Order" to finish your registration.
Managing Training Unit Agreements for Organization Managers
Organization Managers have the ability to view and report on all training unit activities and registration for their assigned company/organization.
- Login to STEP.
- Use the hamburger icon at the top left to open the menu.
- Select My Team. This page will show everyone associated with your organization. You can use the "Assign Learning" link to suggest or register training for specific individuals within your team.
- Click the icon with the graph and gear on the left to view available reports.
- Run the reports as needed! You can export reports on demand.
- If you notice an unauthorized individual has used credits, please inform them. They can drop their registration which will refund the credits. Alternatively, you can drop the registration yourself or contact email@example.com to request assistance.