Invoices and payments
We are using SAP Ariba for our sourcing and procurement activities across our company. Here, you'll find information about these systems, and the associated technical requirements to support you in onboarding as a Splunk supplier.
Using SAP Ariba will enable us to remove complexity and work more efficiently with our suppliers on all the shared aspects of business commerce: contracts, orders, invoices and payments.
Getting started on Ariba
Transacting electronically on the SAP Ariba Network is a standard part of doing business with Splunk. Below is a high-level overview of the key integration steps in our supplier onboarding process. Speed of supplier enablement will differ depending on the level of complexity involved.
- Receive a Splunk Project Notification Letter (PNL)
- Participate in a kick-off call with your assigned Splunk lead (recommended)
- Register your account in the Ariba Network if you do not have one
- Accept the Splunk Trade Relationship Request
- Follow the enablement instructions provided by SAP Ariba
- Upload a catalog into test environment if instructed by Splunk and if you currently maintain an active catalog with other buyer customers
- Work with us to test the integration of the end-to-end process
- Go live at the agreed upon date
Ariba Network accounts
You can choose between two account types as a SAP Ariba Network supplier. The Standard account is free, while the Enterprise account will incur fees, depending on your subscription levels.
When registering with SAP Ariba, kindly note that you're creating an agreement directly with SAP Ariba, to which Splunk is not a party. Please select the right one based on your business model.
The Standard Ariba Network account offers your company basic functionalities and is completely free for suppliers. You can transact digitally using email tools and gain visibility into when you can expect payment from your customers. You’ll receive POs via the e-mail address associated with your standard account, and you can transact an unlimited number of documents with your customers without any fees.
The enterprise account on Ariba provides you with additional access to a wide range of technological capabilities with advanced features. You can transform your operations with full ERP integration and generate real-time invoices. Subscriptions are determined by the number of documents you transact on the Ariba Network within a 12-month period and the extent of the automation technologies and support that your business requires.