Certification FAQs, Exam Agreement, and Retake Policy
The User, Power User, and Admin certification exams consist of a set number of multiple choice, true/false and fill-in-the-blank questions.
These three online exams can be taken from anywhere with a reliable internet connection, at any time that is convenient for you.
You have one hour to complete the online exam after the first page of questions displays. You cannot go back to review any of your previous answers. Once you start the exam you must complete it; you cannot pause the exam.
The Architect Certification Lab must be registered for separately and has a fee. You can find details about this test and a link to register here.
We will not provide answers to questions you missed or a question-by-question performance analysis. Each exam attempt is automatically followed with a results email which includes a breakdown of the score by topic. This is the most specific feedback we can offer regarding exam performance.
This Exam Agreement is made and entered into as of the date you click “I Agree” [when starting the exam] and is between you and Splunk Inc. (“Splunk”). The exam is made available to you only for the purpose of demonstrating your competency in the subject matter of the exam for which you seek certification.
This exam, including questions, answers, and graphics within the exam, is Splunk confidential information and is protected by intellectual property laws. All intellectual property rights are expressly reserved to Splunk.
By taking this exam, you agree that:
- It is you and only you taking this exam and that you are not accepting improper assistance.
- You will not disseminate the actual exam content or answers.
- You will not copy, reproduce, publish, disclose, transmit, sell, offer to sell, post, upload, download, display, distribute in any way, or otherwise transfer, modify, make derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or translate the exam in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose.
- You will not use the exam content or answers in any manner that violates applicable law.
- You have not sought or obtained (i) unauthorized access to the exam content, (ii) access to exam answers, or (iii) others’ responses to exam questions, to prepare for this exam.
Any violation of this agreement may result in a revocation of your certification and ability to seek future Splunk certifications.
Last updated 05/2017
Splunk Online Exam Retake Policy
- A candidate who does not achieve a passing score on an exam after the first attempt must wait at least 5 days before retaking the exam. The original link to the online exam will re-activate at this time.
- A candidate who does not achieve a passing score on the second attempt must wait at least 30 days after the second attempt before retaking the exam a third time. The candidate will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request and receive the online link to the exam. Do not contact email@example.com until after the 30 days have passed. Requests sent before the 30 days have passed will not be considered.
- A candidate who does not achieve a passing score the third attempt must wait at least 60 days after the third attempt before retaking the exam a fourth time. The candidate will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request and receive the link to the online exam. Do not contact email@example.com until after the 60 days have passed. Requests sent before the 60 days have passed will not be considered.
- A candidate who is unable to achieve a passing score after 4 attempts must complete a waiver form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a fifth exam attempt. These will be granted on a case-by-case basis at the full discretion of Splunk. Use this form to request a retake.
- A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year (12 months). This 12-month period begins the day of the fifth unsuccessful exam retake, should the fifth retake have been granted. The candidate would then be eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date.
- Upon a candidate achieving a passing score on an exam, s/he will not be allowed to take the exam again.
If you believe you have noted an error on an exam or believe that a specific question you saw on a Splunk Certification exam is invalid, you may submit the Certification Exam Challenge Form found here.