ONC-HIT Certification Mandatory Disclosures
Splunk 6.0 and 6.3 product versions are certified as an EHR Module Classification for Audit Reporting. Release date of September 22, 2015 with 2014 Edition Certification Criteria (Certificate #IG-3160-15-0023 and #IG-3160-15-0024).
Splunk Enterprise makes it simple to collect, analyze and act upon the untapped value of the big data generated by your technology infrastructure, security systems and business applications—giving you the insights to drive operational performance and business results.
2. Description of Capability
By monitoring and analyzing everything from customer clickstreams and transactions to security events and network activity, Splunk Enterprise helps you gain valuable Operational Intelligence from your machine-generated data. And with a full range of powerful search, visualization and pre-packaged content for use-cases, any user can quickly discover and share insights. Just point your raw data at Splunk Enterprise and start analyzing your world.
- Powerful search, analysis and visualization capabilities empower users of all types
- Apps provide solutions for security, IT ops, business analysis and more
- Enables visibility across on premise, cloud and hybrid environments
- Delivers the scale, security and availability to suit any organization
- Available as a software or SaaS solution
3. Types of Costs or Fees to be paid by a provider for the capability
No limit to the number of users, searches, alerts, correlations, reports, dashboards or automated remedial actions.
Splunk Enterprise is priced based on maximum daily aggregate volume of uncompressed data indexed, expressed in gigabytes per day.
4. Additional Types of Costs or Fees
Additional types of costs or fees that a user may be required to pay to purchase, license, implement, maintain, upgrade, use, or otherwise enable and support the use of: None
5. Limitations (Contractual / Business Practices)
Limitations of a contractual nature (including developer policies and other business practices) that a user may encounter:
- a) in the implementation or use of the capability
- Users may not exceed the Licensed Capacity. “Licensed Capacity” means the maximum usage of the software (i.e., the maximum daily aggregate volume of uncompressed data for indexing as set forth in the user’s agreement).
- If applicable, a user’s agreement may also specify data duplication, which allows users to use an indexer to receive already indexed data from another indexer or a group of indexers that first processed the same data under a valid software license.
- b) In connection with the data generated in the course of using the capability.
6. Limitations (Technical / Practical)
Limitations of a technical, technological or practical nature that a user may encounter that could:
- a) Prevent or impair the successful implementation, configuration, customization, maintenance, support, or use of the capability.
- b) Prevent or limit the use, exchange, or portability of any data generated in the course of using the capability