The Platform Track at this year’s .conf20 is all about the incredible ways that Splunk customers are turning their data into tangible outcomes. It encompasses updates from the Splunk product team and engineers on the incredible capabilities available in the Splunk Platform, as well as presentations from customers and partners about their experiences using Splunk in their organizations. We’ve organized the track into five sub-tracks around different themes to help you navigate this virtual conference. Here’s some more information about what you can expect in each of them.
Jump Start with Splunk
These sessions let everyone from beginners with Splunk to experienced admins gain actionable insights that they can put to work in their organizations right away. The Splunk Product team will present several sessions with the latest updates on Splunk Cloud, Splunk Enterprise, Dashboards and more. We’ll also have expert advice from Splunkers on topics like getting data in and best practices for managing licensing. Customers will share their perspectives on what works best to architect a Splunk environment, build dashboards, and more.
- PLA1073C: Best Practices for Actionable Alerts
- PLA1093B: Journey to AWS and SmartStore
- PLA1098C: When one report won't do: how to layer searches using lookups, alerts, and reports
- PLA1129A: What's new in Splunk Cloud & Enterprise
- PLA1302C: I’m giving her all she’s got Admin!: Architecture best practices and considerations
- PLA1320A: What's new in Splunk Dashboards
- PLA1520C: Best Practices for Infrastructure and Workload Licensing
- PLA1531B: From “Quick Win” to Production Ready Dashboard: The Epic
- PLA1729C: The Economy of World of Warcraft; Making Millions of Gold and How Blizzard Knows You’re Doing It, Using Splunk!
- PLA1906C: Starting your Splunk journey - get your data in
Splunk Ninja Academy
Designed for more knowledgeable Splunk users and admins, these sessions go much deeper into use cases that showcase the power and versatility of the Splunk Platform. You’ll learn about advanced capabilities from Splunk engineers as well as from experienced customers and partners who will share deep dives on resource management, scaling massive SmartStores, managing multiple idProviders, wrangling data, expanding your lexicon, and much more.
- PLA1089C: How to get the most out of your lexicon, with walklex, tstats, indexed fields, PREFIX, TERM and CASE
- PLA1154C: Advanced pipeline configurations with INGEST_EVAL and CLONE_SOURCETYPE
- PLA1178C: Parallel Reduce (PRD), new Splunk capabilities: Opening doors to unprecedented levels of scale and performance
- PLA1248C: How to use Splunk with SAML and multiple idProviders
- PLA1382C: Splunk Stack Supersizing: Turn Unique Splunk Instances into Apps!
- PLA1454C: Splunk Connect for Syslog: Extending the Platform
- PLA1503C: From 1PB to 100PB: Architectural and Performance Considerations for Massive SmartStores
- PLA1707C: How to achieve your business goals using Splunk Workload Management
- PLA1826C: Taming wild resources. Tips to manage and remediate busy Splunk instances
- PLA1857B: Learning To Extract: Applying ML to Simplify Field Extraction
These sessions highlight leading edge capabilities in the Splunk Platform and feature updates from senior Splunk engineers and scientists on the latest Machine Learning, AR, Connected Experiences, Data Stream Processor, and Splunk TV capabilities. You’ll also hear from customers how they are putting these advanced technologies to work in their organizations —T-Mobile on how they are leveraging Splunk Machine Learning to optimize their 5G network and BMW on how they are driving operational efficiencies in manufacturing using the Deep Learning Toolkit for Splunk.
- PLA1120B: Machine learning on the stream
- PLA1158B: Splunk AR 3.0: Introducing The Next Generation
- PLA1185C: How Splunk Data Stream Processor can help organizations build an automated & compliant AWS data pipeline in days
- PLA1300C: Advances in Deep Learning Toolkit: Deploy, Observe and Scale your Data Science Projects in Splunk with Spark, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Rapids and Dask
- PLA1403B: Unlocking Splunk Mobile for your Business
- PLA1405C: Streaming Live From Mars: A Data Stream Processor Journey
- PLA1443C: Using Splunk Machine Learning to optimize T-Mobile 5G for better throughput
- PLA1457C: Optimize Process Efficiency in Automotive Manufacturing using the Deep Learning Toolkit for Splunk
- PLA1735A: Getting to know Splunks data streaming technology
- PLA1821A: Beyond the Algorithms: Advanced Analytics and ML @ Splunk
- PLA1848B: What's New in Splunk TV
- PLA1882B: SPL2 Magic: Bringing Massive Scale and Advances to Analytics Content in Splunk
There are plenty of cloud-focused sessions across all the tracks at .conf20 but these provide some of the latest news and updates on Splunk Cloud as well as presentations from key partners like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud. You’ll learn more about how you can get going quickly, scale your search workloads, or migrate your deployment if you’re not already using Splunk Cloud. Customers like AGL, NHS Digital, and Progressive Insurance will share their experiences and how Splunk Cloud has helped their organizations. With an ever-increasing number of mission critical enterprise software applications running in the cloud, several sessions also highlight the many ways in which Splunk Cloud helps you manage and monitor your SaaS applications and other cloud services.
- PLA1179C: AGL’s move to Splunk cloud
- PLA1180C: Why and how NHS Digital, the UK’s Health and Social Care Information Centre, migrated to the cloud to reach 7.5TB/day
- PLA1256C: Whose Cloud is it Anyway? (Monitoring your SaaS apps with Splunk Cloud!)
- PLA1380A: Scale your search workloads with Splunk Cloud
- PLA1429B: Protecting Our Most Important Asset - How Progressive Used Splunk To Monitor Employee Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic (And Our Network, Too)
- PLA1486C: Understanding Splunk Performance and making hardware (virtual/physical) choices
- PLA1582C: Cloud Monitoring Console Tips and Tricks for the Splunk Cloud admin
- PLA1586C: AWS Multi-account logging strategy with AWS Control Tower and Splunk’s Grand Central
- PLA1631C: Gain insights from Google Cloud data with Splunk Cloud
- PLA1702C: Splunk Cloud 1.0.1: Tips, tricks and best practices to help you embark on your cloud journey
- PLA1780B: Be the MVP of Your Splunk Modernization Project
You’ve probably heard the phrase “Data to Everything” by now (or if not you certainly will at .conf20!) and also about how Splunk helps our customers bring data to every question, decision and action. These sessions show some examples of what that means in practice by highlighting customer, partner, and Splunker stories and use cases that go beyond IT, Security, and DevOps. You’ll hear how Splunk helps organizations manage their supply chains, keep perishable items from spoiling before they get to consumers, detect and mitigate financial crime and fraud, improve manufacturing processes, fight wildfires, monitor IoT sensors to detect COVID-19, and much more.
- PLA1255C: How Splunk helps retail industry to minimize the financial loss from perishable items and to make an alternative
- PLA1369C: Security monitoring using Splunk: Cookbook - Proven Recipes for improving the security posture
- PLA1402C: Harnessing data for real world operations - Paradise fires
- PLA1471C: Leveraging Splunk in a Chaotic Data World
- PLA1483C: How to use Splunk to screen for COVID-19 with infrared IoT sensors
- PLA1499C: FinTech Ninja - Fighting Financial Crime
- PLA1532C: Building Risk Scored, Risk Weighted Models for Fraud Detection with Splunk Enterprise
- PLA1603C: Splunk to the Rescue! – A Supply Chain Transformation Story
- PLA1703C: Splunk as IoT analytics platform – Leading technology group establishes Splunk as data platform for manufacturing process improvement
- PLA1850C: Enterprise Condition Monitoring for F-35 fighter jet and Sikorsky helicopter Manufacturing at Lockheed Martin
As you can see, there’s a lot of fantastic material in the Platform Track at .conf20! We truly appreciate all the presenters who put together proposals and are now hard at work assembling their session content. Thanks again to everyone who proposed sessions and offered to share their stories. It was incredibly difficult to make the selections and arrive at these because everything we received was well-thought out and compelling. Though it may not be Las Vegas, we’re really excited to see you all (virtually) in October the virtual .conf20!
Follow all the conversations coming out of #splunkconf20!