With an ever focused effort to create inclusion opportunities, Splunk is excited to announce an academic scholarship for students from two prestigious historically Black academic institutions, North Carolina A&T University (NCA&T) and Florida A&M University (FAMU).
Splunk deeply values our partnerships with these universities, and actively supports and encourages the future accomplishments of their students. As such, we are thrilled to offer $10,000 academic scholarships for up to three current students from each university.
Learn more below or click here to complete the application.
About the Scholarship
Splunk’s North Carolina A&T (NCA&T) and Florida A&M (FAMU) Scholarship fund will award up to three (3) students in 2021 a $10,000 USD academic scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded to high achieving students who demonstrate leadership in their field of study and a passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion. The program will review applications from students who meet the minimum qualifications. This scholarship is open to all NCA&T and FAMU students; students that identify with groups historically excluded from the technology industry, including Women, Hispanic/Latinx, Black/African American, Pacific Islander, American Indian, are encouraged to apply.
An eligible candidate must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at NCA&T or FAMU and plan to be enrolled for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field with interest in software development
- Demonstrate leadership skills
To be considered for this scholarship, a student must:
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation, at least one from a faculty or staff member at NCA&T or FAMU
- Include a resume with work experience, honors/awards, extracurricular activities
- Submit a current NCA&T or FAMU transcript (official or unofficial)
- Provide responses to the following 3 questions:
- 500 words or less, explain a data problem you would like to solve and how you would approach it.
- In 250 words or less, share your interest in pursuing a career in science & technology
- In 250 words or less, share why you are interested in Splunk
Application deadline is March 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
The Splunk NCA&T / FAMU Scholarships will be awarded to up to three (3) individuals from each university. The $10,000 (gross) academic scholarship is intended to be used towards academic expenses such as tuition, books, materials, housing, and equipment required for a student's academic success. Students are required to be enrolled in full time in their university and planned to enroll for the 2021-2022 academic year. Splunk reserves the right to withhold the award from any candidate who no longer meets the eligibility requirements. Splunk reserves the right to rescind the award from any candidate who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
All scholarship details not specified in these terms and conditions will be determined in Splunk’s sole discretion. If legitimately claimed, the scholarship will be awarded. All taxes (if applicable in your jurisdiction) and other expenses not specified in these Official Rules as being covered as part of the scholarship are the sole responsibility of each winner. No transfers, substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at Splunk’s sole discretion. Splunk reserves the right to substitute the stated scholarship or portion thereof with another scholarship or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, scholarship unavailability. No more than the stated scholarship will be awarded. Winners are strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the scholarship.
To apply, please click here to complete the application form.
Want to learn more about early career opportunities with Splunk? Check out the Splunk University Recruiting careers page, search available Splunk internships or connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn.