The following is a guest post from Roger Barga, General Manager – Amazon Kinesis at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
September means easing out of summer and diving into fall. What better way to experience the start of leaves changing than in Washington, D.C. at .conf2017: The 8th Annual Splunk Conference? I hear it'll be the best one yet, so you bet I’m going to be there to share all the innovative things you can do with Splunk and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
As a Peta Sponsor of the event, here are the highlights that our AWS and Splunk ninjas are most excited about:
- Are you overwhelmed with security alerts? Are you looking for a way to automate the incident response process? Stop by Automating Incident Response In the Cloud With Splunk Adaptive Response and AWS Lambda.
- Want to see big data come to life? Join AWS’ Patrick Shumate and Splunk’s Simon O’Brien for Big Data in the Cloud—Amazon EMR and Splunk Analytics for Hadoop.
- Interested in gaining insights from your cloud resources? Splunk capabilities and Amazon Kinesis have you covered with Splunk Product Marketing Manager Elias Haddad and AWS Senior Product Manager Ray Zhu during Gain Real-Time Insights from Your Data Using Splunk and AWS Cloud.
- Maximization of ingested logs spark your fancy? Learn how to leverage DevOps principles and AWS cloud products to reduce your cluster’s storage needs with our Solutions Architect Patrick Shumate and Yelp engineers Chris Gordon and Zachary Musgrave during Shrinking the Elephant in the Room: Maximizing Logs’ Business Value with AWS.
- Need a sanity check for your AWS environment? The Troubleshooting Splunk App/Add-On for AWS session with Splunk Cloud Architect Kamilo Amir is a great addition to your schedule.
- Managing enterprise-level AWS accounts can be complex, but Splunk’s Principal Software Engineer Peter Chen and Splunk Product Manager Elias Haddad will provide a crash course during their session on how to Manage Enterprise-Level Amazon Web Services (AWS) Services With Splunk Solution.
Want to see more AWS use cases and solutions at a diverse array of organizations? Check out the sessions below.
- External Webservice Monitoring led by Martin Senebald, Unit Manager Data Analytics & Cloud, COCUS AG
- Integrating Splunk and AWS Lambda: Big Results at Fast-Food Prices led by FINRA Lead Security Engineer Siddhartha Dadana, Senior Director, Cyber & Information Security Gary Mikula, and Kuljeet Singh, Lead Security Engineer
- Atlassian’s action-packed journey with Splunk leverages Amazon Kinesis streams. Learn more about the capabilities offered when our forces join together during Traversing the Cloud: Atlassian’s Journey Building a Logging Pipeline with Splunk on AWS with Timothy Clancy, Engineering Manager at Atlassian and James Mackie, Senior Engineer (Infrastructure) at Atlassian.
Still want to hang out with us some more after attending our sessions? Stop by Booth #P3 to learn about our joint capabilities from our experts including:
- AWS Marketplace – Find out how to consolidate your Splunk purchase on your AWS Bill
- Amazon Kinesis Firehose – Learn how Splunk & Amazon Kinesis are working together
- AWS Architecture & Quick Starts – Quickly get up & running with the AWS Quick Start for Splunk Enterprise
- Splunk App for AWS – See the latest version of the App & TA for AWS, just released!
For more information, see how Splunk and Amazon Web Services develop cool solutions together.
General Manager – Amazon Kinesis
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Follow all the conversations coming out of #splunkconf17!