It’s the most wonderful time of the year! And no, we don’t mean the holidays... Splunk .conf19 is just around the corner! In just over a week, Splunk enthusiasts from the world over will converge on the Venetian and Sands Expo for three days of innovation, information and insight, covering use cases across IT Ops, Security, Business Analytics, IoT and more!
What’s more? Well, for the first time, we’re especially excited to showcase all of the cool things Splunk can do for six of its key verticals: Manufacturing, Natural Resources, Retail, Healthcare, Communications, Media & Technology, and Financial Services.
In the spirit of Splunk’s recent debut as the Data-to-Everything Platform, these verticals have curated some very powerful learning experiences that showcase Splunk solutions that enable your business to turn data into doing. Here’s your verticals guide to .conf19—a must-read for customers joining us in Las Vegas soon.
Around the world, customers with industrial processes are increasingly looking to their IoT data to better monitor and diagnose operational issues and predict maintenance needs. Learn how you can use Splunk to see your data from Industrial Control Systems (ICS), sensors, and SCADA systems, and how we make it easy to monitor and diagnose equipment, operational and security issues in real-time.
- There are over ten Manufacturing-focused breakout sessions that provide customer examples of getting real value from data using related technologies such as machine learning, mobile and augmented reality.
- Don’t miss out on our manufacturing theater sessions on how to improve OEE and OT security on Wednesday, October 23, starting at 1pm.
- Last but not least, check out our real-time monitoring, OT security, and predictive maintenance demos at the source=*Pavilion and see how Splunk keeps things running, helps build better products, and improves safety conditions.
From securing the critical OT infrastructure, to shaping a multi-million dollar enterprise AV program, to ensuring safe and compliant destruction of chemical weapons, we’ve curated content to help you gain practical insights and save a lot of money (and even lives) in the process.
- Register early for our Natural Resources-focused sessions to learn how Splunk customers are improving their security posture, saving energy, and ensuring safety in operations.
- Attend our open theater discussion on Thursday, October 24 at 12pm to understand the key elements of the risk assessment process and begin your journey towards a more mature and secure OT environment.
- At our demo booth in the source=*Pavilion, our experts in the Energy and Utilities markets will demonstrate solutions that help you combine, search, and analyze data from sensors and other systems, to increase the reliability and security of industrial assets.
Retailers need to know their customers, and should be able to get the right inventory to the right store or channel at the right time. With Splunk, Retailers can understand the shopper’s digital journey as well as make data-driven planning, allocation, and replenishment decisions to boost the bottom line. If you’re looking to take a significant step towards creating a data-driven business, our Retail sessions and demos will help you move beyond experimentation to create new solutions for loss prevention, marketing, and store and online operations.
- Our Retail breakout sessions will take you through the thought process, share mistakes and learnings, and outline considerations to help you optimize inventory, gain visibility into end-to-end supply chain, improve capacity planning, and operationalize a theft deterrence program.
- Join our Retail theater discussion on Thursday, October 24 at 11am and exchange ideas with industry peers on how to leverage data and machine learning to optimize the conversion funnel.
- Meet our Retail experts at our demo booth in the pavilion. They’ll be showcasing how retailers can collect data across stores and apply machine learning to predict sales and management inventory, and analyze customer behavior across channels.
Learn how Splunk is modernizing the way healthcare companies utilize their data because after all, Splunk is healthcare’s Data-To-Everything Platform. From a use case with Splunk as the nerve center of an IoT device remote monitoring platform, to another use case where Splunk increases the visibility and insights into the medical claims process, there is no shortage to what you can learn from our customers. They are excited to share how you can adopt their use cases at your organization.
- See Splunk’s healthcare solutions come to life and speak to an expert at the source=*Pavilion to learn about: patient privacy, medication security, medical device monitoring, and the connected patient experience.
- Check out Healthcare sessions directly from Splunk customers and learn how Kaiser, the State of Michigan, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Accuhealth Technologies are using Splunk and “leading the way in patient care,” from “the front end all the way to the mainframe,” or “solving the opioid crisis.”
- Head to the healthcare theater session on the “Connected Patient Experience” on Thursday, October 24, from 12-12:45pm.
Communications, Media & Technology
For Communications Service Providers (CSPs), Splunk is focused on solving real world business challenges such as streamlining current infrastructures and finding ways to automate processes with AI and machine learning in addition to gaining metrics related to field actions and contact center analytics.
- Check out the Communications sessions tracklist, designed to showcase how Splunk can improve business processes for CSP customers in key areas including network monitoring, order to activation, contact center analytics and truck/field dispatch.
- Stop by the D2E Theater on Tuesday, October 22 from 2-2:45pm to learn how Splunk is being used to transform the telecommunications industry beyond the NOC and SOC. This will also be a great opportunity to network with industry peers and Splunk industry experts during this session.
- The Communications team will be showcasing demos focused on customer experience, field operations, network monitoring and Augmented Reality for small cells within a geography. Visit the source=*Pavilion to experience all of these demos while at .conf.
Financial Services & Insurance
Data has long been the unsung hero of the Financial Services industry. Sure, there are processes that follow the flow of money and monitor associated risks and threats, but importantly, there remains a real opportunity for financial firms to reimagine existing data strategies. Join us at this year’s .conf where we highlight the importance of achieving the highest levels of business performance, leveraging the full range of Splunk products and capabilities that’ll inspire you to remain innovative and competitive.
- There are over 25 presentations for Financial Services, covering topics from fighting fraud, and migrating to the cloud, to delivering improved sales journey analytics.
- Be sure to join us on Tuesday, October 22, 1-1:45pm in the D2E Theater to discuss the vision of Splunk for Financial Services. This will also be a great opportunity to network with industry peers.
- Spend time on a trading floor…that is, the Splunk Markets demo trading experience where we’ve Splunked the end-to-end front office trading operations. Stop by our booth in the source=*Pavilion to learn more.
Wherever you are in your data journey, Splunk is here to help. We’re excited to see you Las Vegas!
All the Best,
Courtney Wright, Financial Services
Mary Chen, Manufacturing, Natural Resources, Retail
Shirley Golen, Healthcare
Beverly Smart, Communications, Media & Technology
Follow all the conversations coming out of #splunkconf19!