Splunk Achieves ISO 27001 Certification for Splunk Cloud
Customers Continue to Win as Splunk Cloud Release Strategy Focuses on Agile, Cloud-First Releases
SAN FRANCISCO – January 25, 2016 – Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced it has achieved the International Organization for Standardization’s information security standard 27001 (ISO 27001) certification for Splunk® Cloud. The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification is an international standard that formally outlines requirements for an information security management system (ISMS) to help protect and secure organizations’ data. The certification is in addition to Splunk Cloud’s SOC2 Type II attestation and provides additional third-party validation of the security practices and procedures of Splunk Cloud. Splunk Cloud’s certifications for SOC2 Type II and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 currently apply to Splunk Cloud environments provisioned for data ingested over 20GB/day.
“Stringent data security and data integrity are fundamental design principles of Splunk Cloud,” said Marc Olesen, senior vice president and general manager of cloud solutions, Splunk. “Achievement of ISO 27001 certification is a result of our focus on information security management, compliance with international standards and delivery of an easy-to-use cloud service that helps customers worldwide quickly gain value with full confidence.”
Splunk Cloud Driving Customer Value
Splunk’s investment in building easy-to-use cloud services continues to drive significant value to customers on a journey to the cloud. Splunk’s cloud-first product release strategy enables rapid delivery of new features and increased functionality to Splunk Cloud customers. The latest cloud release includes increased security controls and enhancements to the HTTP Event Collector to give organizations expanded ability to collect cloud data sources. Customers can deploy Splunk Cloud alongside Splunk Enterprise for a single, centralized view across their machine data.
“From day one, Splunk Cloud has given us actionable, data-driven intelligence, and Splunk’s cloud-first release process ensures we always have the leading-edge cloud-based SIEM solution,” said George Do, CISO, Equinix. “With Splunk Enterprise Security in the cloud, we are getting comprehensive SIEM functionality, the economics and simplicity of software as a service, and outstanding availability and security. As a result, we are able to reduce roughly 20 billion raw events into about 20 actionable alerts per month and investigate security incidents 30 percent faster – all while realizing a 50 percent TCO savings compared to legacy SIEM solutions.”
Splunk Cloud Customers span a wide range of verticals, geographies and company sizes, and gain value across a diverse range of use cases including security, IT operations, fraud, business analytics and the Internet of Things.
- AAA Western and Central New York : Splunk Cloud helps AAA deliver superior customer service by monitoring the company’s call management system and dynamically re-routing outbound calls during periods of peak usage to ensure inbound roadside assistance calls are immediately answered.
- Aurizon : Australia’s largest rail freight operator uses Splunk Cloud across a hybrid IT environment to gain single-pane-of-glass visibility in IT and security.
- Equinix : Leading cloud interconnection provider is utilizing Splunk Cloud in an innovative cloud-based SIEM deployment.
- Gatwick Airport : World’s busiest single-runway airport utilizes Splunk Cloud for business analytics to build the information-driven airport of the future.
- Orion Labs : Leverages Splunk Cloud to ensure performance and low latency for its Internet-connected wearable communications device.
- Orrstown Bank : Utilizes Splunk Cloud to combat ATM, credit card and debit card fraud, reducing incidence of fraud by an estimated 50 percent.
- Progressive Insurance : Selected Splunk Cloud and Hunk for IT operations and business analytics. The Splunk platform will help Progressive improve the customer quoting experience and gain deeper insight into operational trends.
Rapid Innovation Across Cloud Solutions
Splunk is continually innovating and expanding the value its customers gain from their data and infrastructure. Recent advancements include:
- Splunk Cloud : Delivered new self-service platform for Splunk Cloud, enabling customers to trial and purchase online with just a few clicks. Splunk Cloud provides the features of Splunk Enterprise, enables centralized visibility across cloud and hybrid IT deployments and offers a 100 percent uptime SLA.
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence : Simultaneously released Splunk’s new IT monitoring and analytics solution on Splunk Cloud as well as Splunk Enterprise to provide new levels of visibility into the health and key performance indicators of IT services.
- Splunk Enterprise Security (ES): Simultaneously released Splunk ES 4.0 on Splunk Cloud as well as Splunk Enterprise to address Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and advanced security use cases.
- Splunk Light : Launched Splunk Light as a cloud service for small IT environments to automate log search and analysis – with prices starting at only $90 per month.
- Splunk App for AWS : Released new version of app integrating data from AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, Amazon CloudWatch and AWS VPC Flow Logs to deliver comprehensive security and operational insights as well as topology views into AWS environments.
- Splunk App for ServiceNow : Released new app for instant insight into incident, change and event management processes in ServiceNow instances.
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) is the market-leading platform that powers Operational Intelligence. We pioneer innovative, disruptive solutions that make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. More than 10,000 customers in over 100 countries use Splunk software and cloud services to make business, government and education more efficient, secure and profitable. Join hundreds of thousands of passionate users by trying Splunk solutions for free: http://www.splunk.com/free-trials.
Splunk, Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Hunk, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Light, SPL and Splunk MINT are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2016 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.