Splunk Showcases Big Data Healthcare Use Cases at HIMSS16
HIMSS16 LAS VEGAS and SAN FRANCISCO - February 29, 2016 - Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced it will showcase how big data can help to solve critical healthcare issues for IT, security, medical staff and patients. Live demonstrations at the Splunk booth (#9908-14, 971) at the HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition in Las Vegas from February 29 to March 4 will include a wide variety of use cases, including how to tap machine data to improve patient privacy, claims, care coordination and more.
“Healthcare is in the midst of a technological revolution driven by big data initiatives in IT,” said Tapan Bhatt, vice president of solutions marketing, Splunk. “With Splunk, healthcare providers can collect and analyze machine data to take proactive measures that protect patient records, improve the uptime of healthcare services, and deliver better information to patients, payers and providers.”
Splunk will demonstrate how Splunk® Enterprise and Splunk Cloud can impact a broad range of use cases in healthcare. Key among them is to provide security intelligence for healthcare providers and vendors in order to identify, in real time, incidents of electronic protected health information being improperly accessed. Additionally, live demonstrations at the Splunk booth will show how Splunk solutions can solve complex problems such as cybersecurity, critical infrastructure monitoring, care delivery process improvements and coordination of patient care:
- Patient Privacy: Transform machine data into security intelligence and compliance reporting, ensuring privacy of patient data while achieving HIPAA and HITECH regulatory requirements.
- Healthcare Data Integration: Collect, index and analyze HL7 data, XML, JSON and device data for time-critical healthcare Operational Intelligence.
- Care Coordination Analytics: Identify patient treatment gaps, redundancies and interactions encompassing multiple providers, patient behaviors and prescriptions.
- Clinical Text Mining: Discover and extract knowledge from unstructured data. Ingest data, search for specific entities, extract relevant features and find associations with other data sources.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Analyze a variety of healthcare data sets to summarize main characteristics and discover patterns and relationships using search, visual methods and machine learning.
- Process Analytics: Optimize operational and hospital departmental workflows and claims processing with Splunk solutions.
Stop by the Splunk booth (#9908-14, 971) at HIMSS16 to learn more or read Using Healthcare Machine Data for Operational Intelligence to learn how Splunk solutions can help transform the healthcare industry.
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) is the market-leading platform that powers Operational Intelligence. We pioneer innovative, disruptive solutions that make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. More than 11,000 customers in over 110 countries use Splunk software and cloud services to make business, government and education more efficient, secure and profitable. Join hundreds of thousands of passionate users by trying Splunk solutions for free:http://www.splunk.com/free-trials.
Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Hunk, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Light, SPL and Splunk MINT are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2016 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.