Splunk Enterprise Security 4.1 and Splunk User Behavior Analytics 2.2 Now Generally Available
New Versions of Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk User Behavior Analytics Strengthen Analytics-driven Security
SAN FRANCISCO – April 19, 2016 – Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced the general availability of Splunk® Enterprise Security 4.1 (ES) and Splunk User Behavior Analytics 2.2 (UBA). Together, Splunk ES and Splunk UBA provide customers with better machine learning, anomaly detection, context-enhanced correlation and rapid investigation capabilities. By extending user behavior analytics functionality into SIEM, Splunk continues to advance analytics-driven security solutions. Contact Splunk to purchase Splunk ES and Splunk UBA.
“We’re excited about these advanced capabilities that optimize how organizations detect, investigate and respond to threats,” said Haiyan Song, senior vice president of security markets, Splunk. “Customers now gain insights across the entire enterprise and take action more quickly by leveraging the combined power of machine learning, anomaly detection, correlation and ad-hoc investigation in an integrated solution.”
Organizations Can Now Leverage Splunk UBA Machine Learning Throughout the SIEM Workflow
Splunk UBA anomaly, threat and user context data are now available in Splunk ES. This integration includes the ability to:
- Enhance detection and visibility of malicious attackers and insiders’ activities by combining and correlating behavioral analytics with data from enterprise and security technologies, such as threat intelligence, IPS and DLP.
- Gain deeper context about anomalies relative to users, devices and applications in Splunk Enterprise and Splunk ES.
Splunk UBA Enhances Insider Threat and Cyberattack Detection Capabilities
Splunk UBA uses unsupervised machine learning and data science to enhance insider threat defense and cyberattack detection. New features and benefits delivered in UBA 2.2 include the ability to:
- Define how threats are triggered from detected anomalies using the new Threat Detection Framework.
- Increase data access and physical data loss coverage.
- Improve precision, prioritization and correlation of threats with new data sources.
Learn more about Splunk UBA on the Splunk website. Splunk UBA can be run standalone or integrated with Splunk ES.
Splunk ES Powers Rapid Investigation of Advanced Threats
Splunk ES uses all machine data generated from security technologies such as network, endpoint, access, malware, vulnerability and identity information to gain organization-wide visibility and security intelligence. New features and benefits of ES 4.1 include the ability to:
- Ingest Splunk UBA anomaly data with context for correlation against other alerts, feeds and data for more in-depth investigations.
- Prioritize and speed investigations with risk scores added to the centralized incident review view.
- Expand threat intelligence through the addition of Splunk Add-on for Facebook ThreatExchange.
Learn more about Splunk ES on the Splunk website. Splunk ES 4.1 requires Splunk Enterprise 6.3 or Splunk Cloud. Splunk ES can be run standalone or integrated with Splunk UBA.
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) is the market-leading platform that powers Operational Intelligence. We pioneer innovative, disruptive solutions that make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. More than 11,000 customers in over 110 countries use Splunk software and cloud services to make business, government and education more efficient, secure and profitable. Join hundreds of thousands of passionate users by trying Splunk solutions for free: http://www.splunk.com/free-trials.
Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Hunk, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Light, SPL and Splunk MINT are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2016 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.