Splunk Announces .conf2015: The 6th Annual Splunk Worldwide Users’ Conference
More than 80 Customer Speakers Including Cisco Systems, Ernst & Young, MetLife Inc., PostFinance, Rakuten and The Vancouver Clinic
SAN FRANCISCO – August 11, 2015 – Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announces .conf2015: The 6th Annual Splunk Worldwide Users’ Conference scheduled for Sept. 21 – 24. Thousands of attendees along with Splunk experts are set to fill the MGM Grand in Las Vegas to hear Godfrey Sullivan, chairman and CEO, Splunk, take the stage to unveil new Splunk products and innovations. .conf2015 will also feature 165 speaking sessions, an Internet of Things pavilion featuring an innovative connected car, as well as a Splunk Women in Technology program. Register now for .conf2015.
.conf2015 will feature more than 80 customers speakers from around the world, including:
- Steven Carter, architect, Cisco Systems: Carter will demonstrate a system using Splunk solutions and the Cisco Open SDN Controller to actively block threats within large data flows without potential performance issues of firewalls and other devices.
- Rob Schlotman, head of design and engineering, Ernst & Young: Schlotman will explain how to get answers to critical questions throughout an entire application lifecycle process with Splunk solutions, enabling everyone from IT executives to DevOps to easily understand the state of the product service and keep it operational, as well as key feature usage.
- Mariya Gilyadova, director, MetLife Inc.: Gilyadova will share MetLife’s journey of using Splunk solutions to take the company focus on customer centricity and turn it into a strategic initiative to improve customer experience.
- Patrick Hofmann, head of IT infrastructure and deputy CIO, PostFinance: Hofmann will discuss how one of Switzerland’s largest retail banks is using Splunk solutions to connect business and IT to detect fraud and enhance security.
- Keisuke Noda, data store platform administrator, Rakuten: Noda will discuss some challenging points for deploying Splunk-as-a-Service, such as best practices for managing clusters and improving operations using the Splunk API and tips for expanding the Splunk platform globally.
- David Studer, systems analyst, The Vancouver Clinic: Studer will discuss how Splunk solutions enable the clinic to achieve patient privacy monitoring for a fraction of the cost ofthe legacy patient monitoring platforms.
“Whether you want to improve customer experience and service delivery, enhance IT performance, ship better code faster, provide timely business insights, reach new levels of security in your organization, or monitor the Internet of Things, .conf2015 has everything you need to achieve your goals,” said Steve Sommer, chief marketing officer, Splunk. “We are excited to learn about our customers' newest use cases, tips and insights. We also have some surprises in store for attendees, such as what you can discover when you use Splunk software to analyze what Splunkers do on a race track with a Mustang GT. That’s part of what’s great about Splunk software – all you need is a browser and your imagination.”
Splunk University at .conf2015
Splunk University is a hands-on, lab-inspired pre-conference educational program to help Splunk users gain new insights and experience with Splunk’s product suite. Splunk University at .conf2015 offers single-day, two-day and three-day bootcamps from Sept. 19-21. For more information visit conf.splunk.com. To sign up for Splunk University, check the appropriate boxes as you register for .conf2015.
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) provides the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence. Splunk® software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. More than 9,500 enterprises, government agencies, universities and service providers in more than 100 countries use Splunk software to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce cost. Splunk products include Splunk® Enterprise, Splunk Cloud™, Hunk®, Splunk Light™, Splunk MINT and premium Splunk Apps. To learn more, please visit http://www.splunk.com/company.
Splunk, Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Hunk, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Light, SPL and Splunk MINT are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2015 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.