Splunk App for Windows
The modern IT infrastructure is built on a best-in-class approach based on multiple software components by more than one vendor. This might be as simple as a CRM solution from one provider built on a database from another or a more complex e-commerce architecture with a host of specialized software components from a variety of software providers. Regardless of the multiple vendor solutions in use, the mission-critical applications and services that run the business have one common foundation—Microsoft Windows.
Today's Windows environments are more complex then ever before and are deployed at a massive global scale. The need for real-time monitoring of the Windows platform is key to ensuring compliance to critical updates and patches, as well as avoiding performance bottlenecks and network lag.
The Splunk App for Windows delivers enterprise-class monitoring for deep operational insights into your Microsoft Windows Server and Client infrastructure.
With the Splunk App for Windows, you gain immediate visibility into the health and performance of your Windows Server and Client environment to monitor, manage and troubleshoot the Windows operating systems from one place.
The Splunk App for Windows provides:
- Operational health dashboards to identify performance and health issues
- Operational analytic views for comprehensive insights into your infrastructure for security / application usage analysis
- Correlated views powered by Splunk for correlating the Windows data from the app with data from your entire technology stack for an end-to-end view.
Use the Splunk App for Windows to:
- Monitor CPU, memory, network and disk utilization across one or more systems
- Monitor Windows Update successful and failed packages, application installations and application crashes on hosts across your environment.
- Monitor all Windows event logs including Application, System and Security across your environment.
The Splunk App for Windows collects data from the following sources:
- Event Log information for Application, System and Security
- Performance Metrics for CPU, Memory, Disk and Network
- Windows Update history
- Application usage metrics
Here is how groups and individuals across your organization can leverage the Splunk App for Windows:
- Application Team: Access information about the baseline infrastructure that supports the business application or service to avoid outages
- Windows Administrator: Troubleshoot performance issues across the infrastructure and use real-time metrics to plan for workload delivery
- Network Administrators: Leverage real-time performance metrics to avoid service degradation and increase performance
- CIO: Gain real-time visibility of Windows Server infrastructure performance and service levels
- Operations Teams: Monitor success and failure across deployed patches
What new in the Splunk App for Windows
- New and improved dashboards designed for large scale enterprise distributed environments across multiple hosts
- New customizable performance dashboards views to enable reporting by any counter that is being collected
- New interactive in dashboard views enabling advanced filtering capabilities including wildcarding on host names.
- App interoperability with non-Windows search head
- Support for the Windows Technology-Addon (TA)
- Simplified navigation and menus
The Splunk App for Windows supports Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
All instances of Splunk in a Splunk App for Windows deployment must run version 4.3.5 or later.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Splunk is committed to delivering innovative solutions and technologies that enable organizations to be operationally aware of the Windows IT infrastructure they manage. Splunk provides the tools to manage the Windows foundation for customer success.
Splunk is listed on the Microsoft Pinpoint Marketplace.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.