Real-Time Monitoring of Windows
Unlike traditional management tools that just deliver health statistics, the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure harnesses the power of the Splunk® Enterprise platform to combine Windows and Active Directory information into a single pane of glass and deliver a comprehensive view of your entire Windows-based IT infrastructure.
The Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure also provides prebuilt searches, reports and dashboards for Windows Server and Client monitoring. View real-time trends, dashboards and reports to pinpoint performance issues and reduce mean time to repair. You can also view service availability, security events, application usage and updates, while also drilling into details on key performance metrics.
With the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure you can gain deep visibility into the health and performance of your Active Directory and Windows environments and:
- Monitor Active Directory for potential security breaches and non-compliant usage patterns
- Correlate Windows and Active Directory level events and audit changes to group policies, user, group and computer objects in real time
- View detailed topology statistics on all objects of your Active Directory from the Forest to individual user and computer accounts
- Monitor the operational health of Windows and Active Directory as a holistic service
Why Splunk for Windows Infrastructures?
Dashboard BuilderCreate, save and share custom reports on related services and components with simple queries on contextual terms such as logouts, performance and health.
Events, Performance & System MonitoringAnalyze information on all the critical Windows events: CPU, memory, physical disk, LogicalDisk, network interface, application crashes, application installs and Windows updates.
Domain & DNS Services MonitoringVisualize information on the health, configuration and performance of domains, sites, domain controllers, DNS servers and DNS zones that belong to the Active Directory.
Anomalous Logons, User Logon Failures & User UtilizationUnderstand and analyze uncharacteristic usage patterns and failed attempts by users to log onto a specific domain.
Change ManagementGain insights into changes made to objects in the Active Directory and track changes made to computer accounts, domain accounts, organizational units and group policy objects.
The Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure collects data from the following sources:
- Event log information for application, system and security performance
- Metrics for CPU, memory, disk and network
- Windows Update history