Comprehensive Visibility Across Heterogeneous Virtual Environments
Virtualized environments make datacenters nimble. However, dynamic systems and abstracted resources introduce new challenges. The traditional approach of monitoring individual technology silos often results in extending troubleshooting times and inaccurate analyses. Problem investigation, resolution and avoidance now demand a holistic approach that spans multiple technology tiers to virtualization monitoring.
Splunk apps for virtualization offer comprehensive monitoring of your virtual datacenter for leading hypervisors and desktop virtualization technologies, enabling you to:
- Proactively prevent and manage performance problems, capacity bottlenecks, unexpected events, changes and security risks
- Trend, analyze and report accurately for optimum user experience, resource allocation and change management
- Link user or application related issues to events occurring in the underlying physical, virtual or hybrid infrastructure tiers for end-to-end visibility
Virtual infrastructures create dynamic environments where various computing resources such as servers, storage and networking hardware are abstracted away from applications, operating systems and users. Complex virtual environments require new holistic approaches to traditional IT services such as performance troubleshooting, capacity planning, change management and risk analysis.
Splunk apps for virtualization combine the power and flexibility of Splunk Enterprise with a tailored experience for virtualization technologies. These apps accelerate data collection from virtual infrastructures.
- Combine virtual infrastructure data with data from other technology tiers for a 360° perspective of the datacenter
- Harness data from popular server virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer and Microsoft Hyper-V, and desktop virtualization technologies such as Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenDesktop
- Create reports across diverse, heterogeneous virtualization technologies and from all layers of your applications and infrastructure
Additional Resource: Splunk for Virtualization Solutions Guide
Splunk App for VMware provides deep operational visibility into granular performance metrics, logs, tasks, events and topology from hosts, virtual machines and virtual centers. Empower your administrators with an accurate real-time picture of the health of the environment, proactively identifying performance, security and capacity issues and changes. Learn more.
Citrix XenServer and Microsoft Hyper-V
Splunk App for Server Virtualization provides real-time insights the performance, resource consumption and topology and inventory across popular server virtualization platforms using a common reporting framework. Visualize this data in a series of operational dashboards for IT operations, performance monitoring, capacity planning and change tracking. Learn more.
Splunk App for Citrix XenApp allows administrators to correlate data across all components of XenApp deployments such as hosts, hypervisors, network, storage and operating systems out-of-the-box for end-to-end visibility. Access concise reports on user sessions, performance, latencies and topology. Drill down to granular metrics for troubleshooting and in-depth analytics. Learn more.
Splunk App for Citrix XenDesktop correlates data across all components of your XD4 and XD5 deployments, providing detailed insights to quickly pinpoint and resolve issues. Monitor the physical, logical and virtual components of your VDI deployment and gain insights into user experience, host server or desktop performance with pre-defined thresholds and proactive alerts. Learn more.
Learn more about some of our other apps such as Splunk App for NetApp, Splunk App for UCS, Splunk App for Windows, Splunk App for Unix, Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange and Splunk App for Enterprise Security.
Only Splunk and Splunk apps for virtualization:
- Correlate virtualization data with data from other technology tiers easily and help you find causal links between application performance issues and the underlying hypervisor, storage, network and server infrastructure
- Retain granular performance metrics for monitoring and analytics. Collect and persist deep granular data directly from your hosts, virtual machines and desktop infrastructures
- Provide complete operational visibility and capacity analytics by determining capacity constrained hosts, idle virtual machines, underutilized clusters, desktops and overprovisioned datastores; track performance statistics to find usage patterns and likely capacity bottlenecks
- Track changes and report on assets. Track detailed user-initiated changes, automate vSphere actions as well as report on inventory and status of virtual components
- Improve security by monitoring the environment for suspicious activity, user role changes, unauthorized access and more
- Datacenter virtualization: New Visibility Gaps Create Big Data Opportunities
- Control Virtual Chaos: A New Approach for Managing Virtual Environments
- Splunk puts on its headlamp and dives into VMware's depths
- Splunk for Virtualization - Solutions Guide
- Splunk App for VMware - Fact Sheet
- Splunk App for VMware - Technical Brief