Desktop Virtualization Management
Organizations worldwide are increasingly deploying virtual desktops or on demand application delivery mechanisms to reduce desktop management costs and to enable users to work securely and productively from any devices, anywhere.
With many distributed components between the hosted desktop and application and the end-user, monitoring and diagnosing solutions like Citrix XenDesktop or XenApp, while catering to hundreds and thousands of users in a virtual environment is challenging.
The right monitoring solution not only provides in-depth analytics on the Citrix environment but also looks beyond the siloed IT stack. This is critical to maintaining service availability, performance and user-satisfaction. Gaining end-to-end visibility for root-cause diagnostics, planning and analytics of the heterogeneous and virtualized desktop environment is essential to deliver great user experience.
Splunk Apps For Desktop Virtualization
Splunk apps for desktop virtualization combine the power and flexibility of Splunk with a tailored experience for desktop virtualization technologies. These apps accelerate data collection from the infrastructure provisioning virtual desktops or on demand applications and allow correlation of this data with data from other technology tiers such as storage, networking, applications and operating systems.
The Splunk for XenDesktop solution allows you to:
- Gain complete visibility into granular performance metrics and events across your Citrix XenDesktop deployment at scale
- Troubleshoot user issues at any time with complete context into session performance, virtual desktop processes, resource usage, connection broker errors and infrastructure problems
- Get fully configurable threshold-based alerting on top infrastructure or user experience related issues
- Report trends, anomalies, outliers and comparative analysis on real time as well as historical data for insights into capacity usage as well as potential problems
- Get visibility into applications running on virtual desktops and resource usage by application, allowing for better desktop sizing
- Monitor desktop configurations and track changes to these over time
The Splunk App For Citrix XenApp allows you to:
- Score user sessions based on a number of performance characteristics and proactively identify performance bottlenecks
- Get proactive real time alerts about user experience issues before users call
- Gain 360° visibility across every IT tier right from the user session to operating system, server and storage issues
- Get operational analytics into usage such as user trends, license usage and devices used, client version trends over time