Too Much Time Spent Supporting Applications
As businesses constantly try and keep pace with customer expectations, developers are under increasing pressure to develop applications that just work. Web application development cycles are non-stop, with developers being expected to provide application updates in "real time", bypassing traditional build-test-deploy models.
Splunk provides developers with a very simple and yet highly effective technique to easily identify and precisely pinpoint code level issues. No need for complex arduous instrumentation, no need to adhere to a rigid schema. Just build intelligence into logs in whichever format appeals to developers and use Splunk to find issues in real time.
Optimize Application Performance During Development
Splunk helps you trace transactions as they traverse your infrastructure and build profiles for how long each segment took. Highlight slow or failed/hung transactions and detect the most time consuming code segments.
Profile Application Performance With Splunk
Use Splunk's powerful visualization capabilities to view real-time dashboards on application health, availability and trouble spots. Perform real time statistical analysis to detect anomalies in your code performance and measure the impact of code changes to the application over time.
Splunk is technology agnostic, so you can use Splunk to profile and fine tune the performance of your application, no matter which technologies are used in your application development environment. Splunk just works with the range of application development technologies including Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby on Rails as well as backend database technologies, message buses and other legacy technologies.
Instantly Find Code Causing Issues
Traditional performance management software requires deep knowledge, complex, arduous instrumentation or adherence to particular schemas, to reliably detect the source of issues. With Splunk, Developers can simply build in clues for themselves through logs and instantly jump to the code that caused a performance issue or error. This requires no enforcement of standard formats, no extra effort in implementation.
Use any format to convey the right intelligence through your logs and make your own life as a developer simpler. With secure, role based access controls, developers need not wait for even production environment logs to be shipped to them anymore. Get self service access without breaking compliance mandates.
- Trace live transactions end-to-end across the entire infrastructure in real-time.
- Build intelligence into your application logs in any format, without a schema or complex instrumentation.
- Spot issues and jump immediately to the code that caused a performance issue or error.
- Spend less time supporting applications and more time creating new ones.
- Improve application availability and performance by enabling application developers to diagnose problems 60-80% faster.
- Boost performance, troubleshooting and availability of existing or legacy applications without the need for any further instrumentation.
- Eliminate up to 90% of escalations and allow developers to focus on innovation instead of time-consuming, and costly production support.