Big Data Analytics
Delivering Insights on Real-time and Historical Data
Your IT systems and technology infrastructure generate data every second of every day. This machine data contains a categorical record of all user behaviors, service levels, cybersecurity risks, fraudulent activities and more. As one of the fastest growing and most complex segments of big data, machine data is also one of the most valuable.
Splunk Enterprise is the leading platform for collecting, analyzing and visualizing machine data. It provides a unified way to organize and extract real-time insights from massive amounts of machine data generated across diverse sources. Hunk™: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop is the platform for exploring, analyzing and visualizing historical data at rest in Hadoop.
You can try Splunk Enterprise and Hunk for free. Both are easy to deploy and use so you can turn your data into insights in minutes and hours, not months or years.
Platform for Big Data Analytics
Most organizations maintain a diverse mix of data sets—machine data, relational and other unstructured data. Splunk software handles the heavy lifting of integration, so you can drive more meaningful insights from your data. Whether you're a developer, IT professional, security analyst or business analyst, the following Splunk products and apps help make your data more accessible, usable and valuable.
Hunk is a full-featured platform for rapidly exploring, analyzing and visualizing data in Hadoop. Based on years of experience building big data products deployed at thousands of Splunk customers, Hunk drives dramatic improvements in the speed and simplicity of getting insights from big data at rest in Hadoop. Hunk works on Apache Hadoop and most major Hadoop distributions including first-generation MapReduce and YARN. Download Hunk today. Learn More »
Splunk Hadoop Connect enables bi-directional integration to easily and reliably move data between Splunk Enterprise and Hadoop. Deploy Splunk Enterprise to enable real-time collection, indexing, analysis and visualizations and then reliably forward events to Hadoop for cheap batch storage and additional batch analytics. Further leverage Splunk Enterprise by importing data already stored in Hadoop. Splunk Hadoop Connect makes it easy to stand up reliable, secure, enterprise-grade big data projects in minutes instead of months. Learn More »
The Splunk App for HadoopOps enables real-time monitoring and analysis of the health and performance of the complete Hadoop environment. Existing Hadoop monitoring tools only focus on the Hadoop layer. The Splunk App for HadoopOps goes beyond that by encompassing all layers of the infrastructure, including Hadoop, the network, switch, rack, operating system and file system. Learn More »
Splunk DB Connect delivers reliable, scalable, real-time integration between Splunk Enterprise and traditional relational databases. Lookup data in relational databases to enrich Splunk search results with additional business context. Import data from relational databases into Splunk Enterprise for more comprehensive analysis. Learn More »
Why Splunk for Big Data
Why do over 7,000 companies, including more than two-thirds the Fortune 100, use Splunk software to gain new levels of visibility and insight from their machine-generated big data? Because it's one of the fastest, easiest ways to put your data to work. Getting value out of your big data initiative doesn't have to be a science project. Here's what makes Splunk software different:
- Everything you need in one solution. Splunk Enterprise collects and indexes any machine data in real time. Now you can search, browse, navigate, analyze and visualize your data from one place.
- Easy to deploy, easy to use. One person can download and implement Splunk Enterprise in hours, rather than taking a team of people months or even years to deploy a solution. You can connect to your data in a few clicks and easily create powerful dashboards.
- Never miss a thing. Search and analyze live streaming and terabytes of historically indexed data from one place. Use Splunk Enterprise to monitor your data for trends and specific patterns of activity or behavior. Set up real-time alerts to notify the people that need to know immediately. Use Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop to analyze historical data in Hadoop.
- Designed for novices and experts. Powerful search, drilldown and reporting capabilities meet the needs of novice users and expert analysts alike. Easy-to-create dashboards enable critical insights from your machine data.
- Scale to any data volume using commodity hardware. Download and run Splunk software on a single server in under 5 minutes. Or you can scale Splunk software across the largest global infrastructures, indexing tens of terabytes of data per day. Splunk Enterprise integrates with Hadoop, relational databases and business intelligence software to drive better insights for IT, security and the business. With Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop, ask and answer questions of massive, diverse data sets in Hadoop with schema-on-the-fly interactive search and results preview.
- Your data's safe in Splunk. Underlying everything Splunk Enterprise does is a robust security model, providing secure data handling, role-based access controls, auditability and assurance of data integrity. Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop extends Kerberos security with role-based access controls and auditability.
Splunk software changes how organizations use data by making it accessible, usable and valuable across your organization—regardless of where the data is sourced or stored. Splunk Enterprise is your platform for Operational Intelligence, providing the ability to collect, index and analyze massive real-time and historical machine data. Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop is your platform for exploring, analyzing and visualizing historical data in Hadoop.