Cloud and Managed Service Providers
Cloud and Managed Service Providers face all the numerous challenges associated with running a massive, scaled out infrastructure. This includes assuring performance and availability across highly complex IT environments, meeting audit and compliance requirements for customers and ensuring continuous situational awareness while securing the infrastructure.
Splunk collects and indexes all the machine data generated by your cloud or managed service infrastructure - your networks, server and guest OS, hypervisors, database audit trails, message queues. It works with any machine data, including logs, file configurations, performance metrics, SNMP traps and custom application logs. And without the need for custom parsers or adapters.
Use Splunk to improve service levels, offer new services to your clients and provide valuable insights to your business team.
Get Splunk working for you. Download it now for free.
Operational Visibility at a Massive Scale
- Gain unprecedented visibility into every component of your infrastructure without complex parsers or adapters. Index all types of machine data with Splunk, across server, storage, network devices as well as virtualization layers, OS-es and applications to get the complete end to end picture of your environment
- Monitor key operational metrics across every layer of your IT stack to make sure service levels are met
- Proactively plan capacity as needed.
Reduce problem resolution times, avoid downtime
- Correlate events, changes and metrics across every layer of your infrastructure to prevent outages
- Slash your MTTR/MTTI by upto 70% with a central console across all your infrastructure
Extend your services to offer flexible compliance reporting to your customers
- Use Splunk to provide transparency to your customers in tracking data locations, cataloguing data ownership, tracking data access and monitoring/reporting to various compliance standards
- Provide customers with alerting/monitoring to prevent unauthorized accesses by their own personnel
Gain operational intelligence that helps the business
- Use Splunk to monitor usage of your services and gain critical business insights around service costs, consumption rates and make more informed decisions around vendor pricing and usage-based customer discounts.
- Provide customers with insights into how their applications are being used such as response time metrics, traffic analysis so they can improve/change their offering to be more efficient
- Identify subscribers that are at-risk of not renewing
Cloud Providers Using Splunk
Heroku offers a leading Ruby platform-as-a-service (PaaS) focused on delivering ease-of-use, automation and reliability for application developers. Heroku uses Splunk for operational visibility into key elements of Heroku's infrastructure. "We see Splunk as a key technology to delivering an always-on, Heroku platform," said Oren Teich, vice president of product, Heroku. "Splunk has helped us gain insight into both our ongoing operations as well as better visibility into our business analytics. Splunk has quickly become a favorite tool for everyone from our support engineers to our marketing team."
Netsmart provides on-demand and traditional software solutions to automate key financial, clinical, and management processes for more than 18,000 organizations in a variety of health and human services sectors. Netsmart uses Splunk for capacity planning, compliance reporting, troubleshooting and incident investigations. With a multi-dimensional view across their entire physical and virtual infrastructure, Netsmart recently achieved SAS 70 certification for its on-demand environment - with the help of Splunk.
Genius.com provides SaaS-delivered social marketing automation, sales lead management and demand generation solutions. The company offers the leading Marketing Automation and Demand Generation solution on the Salesforce.com AppExchange. Genius.com is using Splunk across their infrastructure for application troubleshooting and network and security monitoring. With the help of Splunk monitoring and proactive alerting, Genius.com is staying ahead of critical issues before they result in failures and is better prepared to deliver its cloud-based offering
SendGrid is a cloud-based e-mail delivery and management service, which transparently handles DKIM, SPF, ISP rate limits, content inspection, bounces, and spam reports to help users achieve higher deliverability. SendGrid uses Splunk to collect data on millions of daily email transactions, which enables their support people to track down and resolve issues quickly. In addition, the ability to index, search and analyze this data has been useful in understanding customer usage.
GoodData provides a complete business intelligence platform-as-a-service (BI PaaS) - data warehousing, analytics, reporting and dashboards, all hosted on Amazon Web Services. GoodData uses Splunk to search through tremendous volumes and varieties of machine data. Splunk provides critical operational monitoring of data loading, report execution and application performance and is used in engineering to ensure a dev-ops focus to product development.
Managed Service Providers using Splunk
Hughes Network, the global leader in providing broadband connectivity, uses Splunk to for day to day IT operations management, to maintain compliance related information and reports, as well as to monitor their entire infrastructure for outages or security incidents. Hughes used Splunk to centralize all IT operational data as well as to combine it with various customer related information systems to gain key business level insights required to optimize bandwidth usage, and balance top users to reduce transport congestion.