Splunk has been named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Security Information and Event Management*, marking the ninth consecutive year for Splunk in the Leaders Quadrant.
Moreover, the recently released Gartner Market Share: All Software Markets, Worldwide 2021 report* places Splunk as #1 in SIEM market share with 30.25% market share.
We are honored to be recognized across these reports, and we are grateful to our customers and partners for making this recognition possible. We believe our position in the Leaders Quadrant for the last nine years is a testament to our commitment to delivering a data-centric security analytics solution that accelerates threat detection and investigation to build cybersecurity resilience for organizations.
Security Innovation and Integration
Over the last 12 months, we have continued to innovate our flagship security solution, Splunk Enterprise Security (SIEM), as well as the rest of our integrated security portfolio. These innovations are driven by a singular goal to help customers solve their most pressing security challenges by delivering faster and more effective detection, investigation, and response wherever data is stored, on-premises or multi-cloud. To that end, here’s what we’ve delivered:
- Risk-based alerting enhancements within Splunk Enterprise Security continue to effectively transform large volumes of noisy alerts into fewer high-fidelity incidents, prioritized by risk attribution. By correlating related events into a single incident, you can drive faster investigation and resolution, giving you time back in your day and more control over your security operations.
- Integration with Splunk Intelligence Management (formerly TruSTAR) delivers threat intelligence enrichment to help you quickly understand threat context, prioritize triage and accelerate investigations and response.
- Enhanced orchestration and automation capabilities with Splunk SOAR Cloud to speed up investigations and response for your organization; now featuring over 100 out-of-the-box automation playbooks, enabling any security team to begin to automate their most routine security tasks.
- Threat research and detections developed by the Splunk Threat Research Team fuel Splunk Security products, helping you stay one step ahead of emerging threats. Real-time content updates together with pre-packaged detection, machine learning models, and responses will help you realize faster time to value, increase threat visibility and remediate threats faster.
- Our Splunk Platform is the core foundational element of our data-driven security analytics approach. New Splunk 9.0 and Splunk Cloud Platform innovations will supercharge security use cases for your organization.
- Ingest actions that enable admins to deploy ingest-time transformations and routing, reducing ingest and storage costs for non-critical data sets. For example, you can use ingest actions to filter specific data from large streams of Enterprise Detection and Response (EDR) data, ensuring high-value data comes into Splunk.
- Utilize Federated Search across distributed environments, on-premises or in the cloud, bringing valuable distributed data to security use cases or performing threat hunting on remote data sets at scale using data models and stats.
- Data Manager for Splunk Cloud lets you onboard data from multiple services and accounts quickly. Ingest and normalize data from AWS, Azure, and soon Google Cloud Platform easily and utilize multi-cloud security monitoring dashboards that build on this data.
Get Your Copy of the 2022 SIEM Magic Quadrant
To our customers and partners, thank you again for making this recognition possible. Download your complimentary copy of the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for SIEM today to learn more about Splunk Security and Splunk Enterprise Security. To learn more about Splunk Enterprise Security, visit our website or take a tour.
*Gartner, Inc., 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management, Pete Shoard, Andrew Davies, Mitchell Schneider, October 10, 2022
*Gartner, Inc., Market Share: All Software Markets, Worldwide 2021, Neha Gupta et al, April 12, 2022
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.