Splunk Product Security Portal
OpenSSL Vulnerability (CVE-2014-3511), August 14th, 2014:
Splunk Enterprise 6.0.6 contains fixes for CVE-2014-3511. Splunk is testing Maintenance Releases to include updated versions of OpenSSL. The impact is an attacker could force a TLS connection to downgrade to TLS 1.0 even if higher versions are supported by the client and server. Please stay tuned for the next maintenance updates and a more detailed security announcement.
How to Report a Splunk Vulnerability
About this Portal
The Splunk Product Security Portal serves as the authority for the following:
- Splunk Product Security Announcements
- Splunk Product Security Policy
- Splunk Product Security Best Practices
Subscribe to our RSS feed to be alerted of new announcements.
Splunk Product Security Announcements
Splunk Product Security Policy
Splunk maintains a policy of evaluating all potential security vulnerabilities that are discovered internally or externally within 48 hours of discovery.
Splunk uses the Common Vulnerability Scoring System Version 2 to rate vulnerabilities. CVSSv2 is an industry-standard rating system for security incidents. Scores are calculated using the best available analysis and metrics and are included in all vulnerability announcements.
Splunk maintains the following policy of responsible vulnerability fixing:
- Splunk releases, including maintenance, minor and major releases, will include cumulative fixes for vulnerabilities that are found, verified and able to be fixed within the timeframe of the release.
- Splunk will issue releases to fix vulnerabilities for all applicable and supported versions.
- In the case of critical risk, high impact vulnerabilities, Splunk will make all reasonable effort to expedite maintenance releases for all affected versions.
- In the case of critical risk, high impact vulnerabilities, Splunk will make all reasonable effort to supply patches, assuming that patches are a viable stop-gap for customers who cannot otherwise upgrade Splunk.
Splunk maintains the following policy of responsible disclosure:
- Splunk will announce vulnerabilities via www.splunk.com/prodsec and Splunk Product Security Announcements RSS feed.
- Splunk will not publicly announce security vulnerabilities until fixes are publicly available.
- For critical risk, high impact vulnerabilities, Splunk may contact customers that are especially vulnerable in order to recommend mitigations in the case that a fix is not yet available.
- Splunk will not release the exact details of vulnerabilities.
Splunk Product Security Best Practices
Harden all Splunk Instances per Splunk Hardening Standards
Subscribe to our product security RSS feed
Our RSS feed contains all official product security announcements, and is updated as soon as an announcement is released.
Per the Splunk Product Security Policy, someone will be in touch with you within 48 hours of receipt of your communication.