The Complete Guide to Post-Incident Reviews
How to use post-incident reviews to improve incident response and reduce downtime
- Foreword | The New Era of Post-Incident Reviews
- Introduction | Five Stages of Incident Management
- Chapter 1 | Broken Incentives and Initiatives in IT Operations
- Chapter 2 | Old View Post-Mortem Thinking
- Chapter 3 | The Human Elements
- Chapter 4 | Understanding Cause and Effect in IT Systems
- Chapter 5 | Continuous Improvement
- Chapter 6 | The Phases of an Incident: A Case Study
- Chapter 7 | How to Facilitate Post-Incident Review Improvements
- Chapter 8 | Defining an Incident and Its Lifecycle
- Chapter 9 | How to Conduct a Post-Incident Review
- Chapter 10 | Templates and Guides
- Chapter 11 | Conclusion
Why Splunk On-Call?
Splunk On-Call is Collaborative Incident Response. Unlike our competitors, our system leans into the progressive vision of DevOps — providing broad visibility, from deployments to production, to even the noisiest systems.
We centralize user activity for next-level event transparency, so your team can lean into the speed of DevOps.
Ready to see Splunk On-Call's end-to-end incident response in action? Sign up for a personalized demo with one of our product experts or go at it yourself in a 14-day free trial. .