Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are looking for an experienced leader to drive Splunk’s product marketing strategy and vision. Reporting to the CMO, the Vice President, Product Marketing is responsible for planning, implementing and managing our go-to-market strategy, leading new product launches, enabling a world-class sales organization, and evangelizing our position as a market leader.
- Recruit, lead, and develop a high performing marketing team focused on accelerating go-to-market efforts to drive continued growth through messaging, positioning, storytelling, and competitive insights.
- Develop and implement integrated-marketing strategies and campaigns across multiple products, verticals, partners, and buying centers / personas.
- Develop effective messaging that reflects both the strategic value of the product / platform as well as the deeper technical differentiation
- Lead, coordinate, and work with marketing, product management, customer success, professional services, enablement, and sales teams to execute product launches that highlight new innovations and drive demand.
- Develop market and competitive strategy and craft messaging, value propositions and use cases (return on investment) to increase competitive differentiation and enable the field and partners.
- Establish a data-driven culture across Product Marketing and stakeholder functions to continually analyze ROI and refine demand generation strategies. Understand the most effective approaches and tools to drive customer acquisition/expansion across channels and through the pipeline.
- Define and articulate Splunk’s story as an innovative disruptor and evangelize the evolution and benefits of our differentiated platform.
- Partner with Product Management to engage customers for ongoing feedback to help shape messaging, as well as better inform requirements gathering, feature requests, and roadmap updates from a user-perspective.
- Speak at conferences, press interviews and industry analyst briefings as a thought leader and subject matter expert.
- 10+ years enterprise software product marketing experience, minimum 5+ years in a senior level people management position. SaaS experience strongly preferred, second/third line management experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience executing product launches and leading large teams through complex marketing operations.
- Experience and familiarity marketing to both IT and business leaders; ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Compelling storyteller, ability to communicate complex technology in a crisp and simple way.
- Proven track record in thought leadership and category creation.
- Inspirational leader; ability to lead, develop and inspire teams
- Position is based at headquarters in San Francisco, or San Jose.
- BS or BA degree, MBA strongly preferred
Leadership & Management Behavioral Competencies:
- In an environment that is open, direct, team-oriented, and results-oriented, the VP, Product Marketing will contribute to overall business strategy by:
- Communicating frequently, truthfully, candidly, and openly; effective listener.
- Demonstrating through action a performance-driven mentality, demanding accountability from themselves and others.
- Motivating others and recognizing and rewarding effective behaviors and accomplishments of others.
- Working hard, rolling up sleeves and approaching the role with both humility and pride.
- Demonstrating a high degree of self-awareness.
- Focusing on self-development and inspiring others around him/her to constantly focus on ways to improve and grow as a professional.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.