VP, Global Sales Engineering
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
The Vice President, Global Sales Engineering will be responsible for defining, developing, managing and implementing all Pre-Sales activities and outcomes that align with Splunk's vision, mission and strategic plans
Lead strategic and tactical efforts supporting Global Sales. Recruit, hire, lead, and develop a Sales Engineering technical team focused on sales and customer success. Work cross functionally within Splunk to promote and influence strategic product direction supporting sales and customers. Work proactively with Sales and the Sales Engineering team to innovate and develop technical solutions supporting sales and customers/use cases. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate deep knowledge of Splunk’s market, lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, become an agent for change, and emphasize a customer service attitude.
- Deliver Sales Engineering services supporting activities needed to make quarterly sales targets;
- Proactively engage with Sales Leadership to create close alignment and develop technical tools/programs to support sales campaigns and initiatives;
- Ensure your organization develops and maintains a catalog of Sales Engineering services, with artifacts, SLA’s and KPI;
- Own the mission for Splunk, effectively translating the goals of the organization into actionable plans/activities for you and your teams;
- Ensure that your teams are enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Motivate and lead your team strategically and tactically to meet leadership objectives;
- Work closely with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical territory and account plans;
- Jointly own customer success, leveraging best practice and focus to ensure our customers are delighted. Work cross functionally with counterparts in Professional Services, Customer Support, and Education to help ensure customer success;
- Support and deliver regular performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting team members with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, development and effectiveness of the global pre-sales team;
- Optimize the team's ability to hire a quality, diverse staff while achieving hiring targets within budget;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels;
- Ensure your organization is managing and tracking customer facing activity in a manner consistent with the rest of the company;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with your team to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with sales, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations;
- Provide regular communication to management regarding important issues impacting sales along with metrics/reporting on team performance;
- Clearly communicate and “translate the message” to your team demonstrating Splunk’s leadership principles;
- Hold regular team meetings to provide team leadership/direction as well as allow input on issues affecting the team’s effectiveness;
- Develop global programs and enablement supporting the broader Customer Success community;
- 10+ years in a senior sales engineering/management role with proven success;
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance;
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas;
- Strategic and forward thinker;
- A highly analytical approach, critical thinking, and problem solving skills;
- Strong project management and financial awareness skills;
- Knowledge of Splunk’s primary markets (ITOA, Security, BA/IoT) is valued;
- Ability to accommodate international travel;
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent MBA or MSC preferred
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.