Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is a global, multi-product company that is focused on providing a leading platform for Operational Intelligence. Splunk enables customers to look closely at machine data and gain insights that can help make our customers more productive, profitable, competitive and secure. Customer Success is our #1 priority at Splunk and we are committed to delivering customer delight with every customer interaction. The VP, Global Customer Support is a core member of the Customer Success team who is accountable for delivering world-class proactive support and leading the team through our exciting and rapid transformation to Subscription and Cloud. We are looking for an operational fanatic with strong Cloud/SaaS Support experience who is a tireless advocate for exceeding customer expectations. Success in this role requires a leader to be passionate, innovative, disruptive, open and fun – all of Splunk’s core values. The ideal candidate: has very successfully run a large (+100 member) operational organization at scale, can lead and motivate globally, and influence effortlessly across Splunk.
- Lead the Global Support organization to deliver world-class Support and proactive technical health to our customers
- Develop a 3 year strategy, execution roadmap, priorities and investment plan to deliver proactive support vision, deflection and scale/productivity
- Play an active role on the Customer Success team to help develop and define overall strategy
- Develop differentiated, proactive Support offerings and work closely with sales to help sell the right offerings to our strategic customers
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity. Manage and monitor performance
- Exceed quarterly goals (i.e., response time, resolution time, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service
- Analyze and optimize support operations. Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage budget, drive capacity planning and identify needs and present investments required to improve service levels and customer experience
- Provide strategic direction on operational issues, staffing; policy and employee development and goal setting
- Partner to develop the right organization design. Recruit, develop, motivate and engage talent to accelerate the success of the Global Support team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals
- 15+ years Customer Support or related Operational leadership experience
- 7+ years experience leading 100+ person organizations in a high-growth SaaS/Cloud environment
- 10+ years experience translating takeaways from the Support function into actions that help improve product functionality, positively impacting renewals and sales.
- Understanding of and passion for the Customer Success vision and function, and its impact on revenue and customer retention
- Experience implementing and driving Knowledge, Self-Service, CRM, ERP and Incident management tools for customer support processes
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and business insight.
- Strong Enterprise customer experience with the ability to communicate effectively with customers at the executive level
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and leverage resources from across the company as needed
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employees
- Analytical, problem solving, data driven, and results oriented
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results oriented atmosphere
- Desire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it
- Expert understanding of business operations and ability to manage a multi-million dollar operating budget
- Skilled at talent management including assessment, deployment, development, reward and retention
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Finance models as applied to software industry.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Process reengineering experience a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.