Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
As a User Experience Designer for our Machine Learning initiatives, you'll be involved in the full life-cycle of design. You’ll partner with product managers and engineers to deliver great experiences to our users, enabling them to demonstrate the full power of Splunk, using Machine Learning. You’ll also work with your fellow UX team members, to develop and deploy Splunk’s design language, across our products.
We’re looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Design new features, and re-design existing features, for Splunk’s Core products, enabling Machine Learning
- Provide design support throughout product development, from initial concepting to product/feature release and beyond
- Drive design in accord with principles of user-centered design
- Design guided user experiences that allow data analysts create and run experiments, analyze data outcomes and share results
- Craft user workflow diagrams, storyboards, prototypes, and wireframes
- Partner with UX researchers and product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to shape product development efforts
- Partner effectively with product management, engineering, and product marketing
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in UX Design
- Have hands-on experience crafting enterprise level applications
- Understand the key ML concepts and preferably showcase some design samples
- Be passionate about making complex interactions easy to use and bringing a unique UX perspective to technical ML solutions
- Understand how data science capabilities be infused into the applications and be easily consumed by the end users
- Collaborate with other designers on integrating ML designs into other applications
- Expertise in enabling highly technical users quickly and intuitively to analyze, and get insights from, data produced by a wide variety of services and devices, in a wide variety of formats
- Expertise in data visualization
- Deep understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Expertise in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Expertise creating prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.