Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you enthusiastic about both user interfaces and data? Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Do you enjoy the challenge of helping users quickly and easily turn big data into valuable insights? If so, Splunk would love to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone with experience designing for sophisticated users who need to perform complex, iterative analyses on data of widely varying types, and get quickly to insights. We’re looking for a designer who knows how to enable users to craft compelling visualizations, both individually and as part of dashboards and reports, that communicate these insights.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a technically sophisticated environment. We’re also looking for someone who can communicate effectively, and collaborate closely with other designers, user researchers, developers, and product managers.
- You will assist with building attractive, high quality UI/UX designs, of both low and high fidelity. Ability to execute visual design is a plus.
- You'll get the opportunity to graphic creation for various web properties. Involvement in end user research to explore, uncover and analyze end user requirements during field studies, user interviews etc.
- You will have the opportunity to work as a team with staff members on interaction design/ help web production team to publish content.
- Communicating your ideas and concepts - both verbally and visually, through clear documentation
- Working within a visual design language and guideline to design thoughtful, well-crafted solutions
- Turning complex problems into simple solutions
- Testing and exploring different ideas at various fidelities of prototypes
- Working independently as well as within a team
- You have experience with working with any of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and Figma
- We give preference to experience with crafting a web application: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project. You have an interest in data visualization.
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major, and strong record of academic achievement
- Minimum 6 months relevant work experience
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.