Title: Communications & Media Industry, Strategist
Location: Any major city in the U.S. (50% travel)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you enjoy a fast-paced start-up environment? Do you want to be part of the analytics revolution helping to transform the Telecommunications industry? Do you understand the complexity of selling and supporting end-to-end analytics solutions? Do you want to work at a company that embraces innovation, passion, openness and fun, and loves to disrupt the status quo? If so, we have a role for you.
In this role you will be an early pioneer for Splunk to drive success within the Communications Industry domain. You will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Splunk (including Sales, Partners/Channels, Legal, Marketing, Product Management, Enablement, CSM, Sales Engineering), with the primary objectives of dedicatedly looking for ways to build and grow our business in this industry. You are responsible for driving Splunk software bookings, adoption, and go-to-market strategy for Splunk’s solutions for Communications Industry customers. In addition to bookings and GTM strategy you will act as a liaison between the field organization and product management to influence product road-map. A solid understanding of the Communications Industry will be critical. Additional experience in IT and Security related markets and the Splunk platform is helpful. You will be required to communicate at an executive level as a domain guide and trusted advisor.
About the Team
This role is part of the Vertical Industries team responsible for helping the field create, grow and speed sales opportunities to close while enabling the entire Splunk eco-system with its domain expertise to increase skills. The position reports to the AVP Telco, Media Technology and Healthcare.
- Innovate within and across internal teams to develop new use case, value propositions, tools and advisory workshops that scale and evolve the Splunk selling and adoption motion
- Act as the Communications Industry point of contact and collective voice in terms of product strategy and direction from the field.
- Evangelize the Splunk portfolio for Comms & Media internally with Splunk’s field organization and externally with customers, prospects, and partners
- Establish credibility with the field organization, with customers, and with partners as an Industrial IoT subject matter expert providing incremental value to the sales motion and customer interactions
- Drive opportunities end-to-end during all parts of the sales cycle alongside Splunk and partner technical staff.
- Lead and report on the pipeline for IoT use cases and opportunities within your defined region
- Recruit and manage the customers participating in Splunk's beta and early adopter programs, ensuring customer success
- Serve as the field’s incubation partner throughout the New Product Introduction process.
- Excellent understanding of the Communications & Media ecosystem, and industry issues.
- Represent the Splunk Industry Verticals business unit in the field and help unify Splunk product and GTM strategy.
- Work closely with product management and market segment leadership to enhance new releases, business processes, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- Influence, contribute, and drive adoption of enablement material to the Splunk global sales force in order to increase the knowledge of the Communications Industry.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in these domains along with GTM & strategy within a sales field organization
- Understanding of analytics use cases, applications, and trends
- 5+ years’ experience building and leading teams with customer-facing responsibilities and an ability to grow and scale upward with the company. Second line management experience and global experience a plus.
- 10+ years total work experience in high growth, highly dynamic organizations
- Experience building trusted relationships with customers in the Communications Industry
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally. Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support
- Demonstrated ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills in a cross-matrix organization - this skill is critical to the success of this role.
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- You will bring with them a range of industry-related contacts
- Strong communicator with solid executive presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with teams and strategic customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Up to 50% travel required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.