Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a motivated Technology Compliance Manager who is passionate about leading and delivering technology assurance, advisory, compliance and risk management services to the business.
You are a SME on the technology risk, compliance and assurance needs of the Public Sector business (Federal, State, Local and International) business and will also support other industry segments (e.g. Health Care, Financial Services, Education) as needed. This position builds consultative, partnership relationships with business owners to drive risk mitigation, process gaps, maturity and internal controls management.
You will lead the discussions on all compliance related matters with Splunk’s public sector business and sales teams as well as agencies, customers and partners. This includes understanding customer, regulatory and audit requirements specific to the Public Sector, explaining Splunk’s compliance program, controls that address those requirements and engaging with Splunk’s Compliance Program leadership, Engineering, Operations, Security, Legal etc. teams to explain new requirements for the Public Sector that impact Splunk’s product, security and compliance strategy.
You are a detail oriented, analytical, upbeat and creative leader and someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast environment. This position reviews the maturity and effectiveness of key technologies, infrastructure, systems, and processes to ensure that internal controls are in place to address key risks.
You will have expertise with security initiatives such as FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, 800-171, 800-161, 800-37 and Cloud technology (AWS/GCP/Azure) or software companies are strongly preferred. The position may require willingness and ability to travel (domestic and international) for approximately 10 to 20% of the time.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You are the internal SME on FedRAMP and other current and new Public Sector compliance programs / standards (US and International).
- You support the maturation of Splunk's FedRAMP program under the guidance of the Compliance program manager including leading the efforts to achieving and maintaining FedRAMP ATOs.
- You lead the annual FedRAMP assessment and continuous monitoring including POA&M management.
- You lead and perform security audits, risk assessments, business impact analysis and control gap assessments against Splunk common controls framework.
- You review policies, standards and methods for accuracy and applicability to required regulatory and compliance areas.
- You partner with multi-functional stakeholders on new and ongoing business transformation projects for analyzing problems, assessing risk, developing improvement opportunities and/or corrective actions, building consensus and supporting implementation of remediation solutions.
- You understand technical implementation details necessary to assess and recommend control improvements or identify mitigating controls.
- You document and perform walkthroughs of key processes, risks, controls, and testing procedures.
- You assist with identification of control ownership, control design validation and operational agreement.
- You drive education of process/control owners so they better understand the controls framework and their operational responsibilities.
- You engage with technical teams to ensure controls have been identified, designed effectively, implemented, and operationally tested to meet compliance requirements and/or market certifications.
- You engage with Public Sector customers, agencies and partners to address their questions about Splunk’s compliance program.
- You develop dashboards and metrics for measuring efficacy of controls.
- You enable maturation of Splunk’s controls framework & GRC tooling implementation.
- You will actively participate / present / speak at various industry conferences, seminars etc. to evangelize Splunk’s initiatives, programs and leadership in technology compliance.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10 to 12+ years of related hands on experience
- Extensive experience with FedRAMP, NIST 800 or other government compliance frameworks requiredSolid understanding of FedRAMP Control Requirements based on NIST 800-53v4
- Recent working experience with 2 or more of the following frameworks and/or regulations: FedRAMP, FISMA, ISO2700x, PCI, HITRUST, NIST 800-53, GDPR
- Successful track record of managing FedRAMP authorization (JAB or Agency) and continuous monitoring activities
- Proven knowledge and experience of security controls across all NIST domains such as Access control, encryption & cryptography, configuration management, identity & authentication, vulnerability management, incident response, software development lifecycles, etc.
- Experience with implementing and auditing controls from industry and regulatory frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, SOC2, ISO, PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, OWASP, etc.)
- Relevant professional designations such as CISSP, CEH, CIPP, CISM, CISA are a plus.
- Exposure to designing/reviewing controls or hands on security of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- You have hands on experience in assessing risks and controls in technology processes, cloud applications, cloud infrastructure, ERP systems, IDM tools, security solutions, Vul Management tools, encryption technologies, service management and operations platforms etc.
- You show strong leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to be able to get along with technical, non-technical colleagues and management.
- You are Proficient in systems / technology “As-Is vs. To-Be” analysis.
- You are a team-player with high EQ.
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic, efficient and works independently to multitask and lead workload to timely completion.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) concepts a plus.
- You have unquestionable integrity and credibility.
Education: Got it!
Bachelor or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.