Technical Support Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role, you will be focused on leading a growing team of highly technical and dedicated Support Engineers. Developing their technical knowledge and soft skills through regular meetings, objectives, and on-the-job coaching. Splunk is rapidly growing and will continue to scale at a fast pace. This Splunker will become an integral part of the extended leadership team.
Escalation and Incidents
- Serve as the escalation point for high-priority support cases including overall triage and management.
- Report metrics and case management updates to Support Director, Customer Success and account teams.
- Coordinate appropriate resources to achieve issue resolution for our larger accounts.
- Deliver continuous improvement projects on a timely basis.
- Skills management and accelerated onboarding
- Help build standard processes that scale and meet the needs of the business and our customers.
- Provide day-to-day management for direct reports, ensuring they can be successful in assigned performance objectives.
- Collaborate with engineering to resolve core product issues.
- Partner with the team to identify, monitor and report trends.
- Build, implement and improve internal reporting, and other processes to optimize team productivity.
- Shared responsibility for occasional weekend day duties as part of a schedule with the other EMEA Technical Support Managers.
- Previous leadership experience within a Global Customer Support / Technical Support organization
- Proven success working directly with customers within a technology company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work optimally in a team environment
- Excellent presentation skills coupled with a leadership presence.
- Communication as a core strength. Heavy focus on using data to articulate a story or an issue
- Dedicated to champion the customer problem until resolution
- Excellent time management skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Initiative and desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with the latest trends; real passion for solving technical problems
- Experience working with and improving Support ticketing systems
- Flexibility to handle critical cases after hours as needed
- Knowledge of Splunk technical concepts is desirable
- Committed to creating and developing high-performing team that promotes the Splunk culture
- Experience of working with a product as complex as Splunk
- Experience of Splunk, similar tool or Business Intelligence is advantageous