Splunk is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, fix and resolve customer problems, collaborate with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing marketplace of solutions, and more.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk Phantom product
- Work directly with customers and partners to provide On Prem and Cloud Support
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Create knowledgebase articles and other documentation to assist customers
- Reproduce customer issues, file bug reports, raise issues to engineering and be the bridge between customers and Phantom developers
- Assist in developing support tools to help solve customer issues
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous improvement
- Must have experience in: UNIX systems (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Python, RabitMQ, Messaging Service Knowledge
- Good understanding of Relational Databases
- Experience in operating in a Cloud environment and container knowledge for action broker troubleshooting
- Working knowledge in Windows, and Mac OS X
- Experience in a Technical Support or Service Engineer capacity
- Experience working with Development teams and bug reporting ticket systems
- Experience with network security and log analysis
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills, and relationship building capabilities
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize customer issues effectively
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to work in a fast-paced technical environment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.