Splunk is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, fix and resolve customer problems, collaborate with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing marketplace of solutions, and more.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Work directly with customers and partners to provide On Prem and Cloud Level Support
- Respond to and follow up on our client’s product related issues
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk Phantom product
- Provide documentation and participate in online forum support for real-time questions
- Reproduce customer issues and if vital file bug reports, raise cases to engineering and be the bridge between support and Phantom developers
- Assist in developing support tools to help solve issues
Requirements: I’ve already done that!
- Must have experience in: UNIX systems (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Python, RabitMQ, Messaging Service Knowledge
- Good understanding of Relational Databases
- Experience in operating in a Cloud environment and container knowledge for action broker troubleshooting
- Working knowledge in Windows, and Mac OS X
- Experience in a Technical Support or Service Engineer capacity
- Understanding of Splunk Technology and it’s Phantom application
- Experience with working on jira requests
- Experience with network security and log analysis
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous improvement
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills, and relationship building capabilities
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise customer issues effectively
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to work in a fast paced technical environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates