Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In Customer Support we LOVE to disrupt, we innovate to deliver a phenomenal experience. Diversity Matters, we harness our unique strengths to deliver the best outcomes. We work closely with several different parts of the organization to learn and educate each other, then we build the right solution for all parties; Transparency is at our core. We have fun doing great work with great people. Come become one of us… Due to growth of our customers within Asia Pacific region, we are hiring a Technical Support Engineer to join our APAC Support team based in <location>. You will be responsible for managing customer technical queries and have a passion for providing an exceptional customer experience and a passion for problem solving. Find out more information below!
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Work as part of a Global Support team, providing coverage for the Korean and/or Chinese markets
- Develop a deep understanding of Splunk products
- Provide technical support for enterprise customers
- Ability to take ownership of their issues, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems across a range of environments
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Ability to reproduce customer issues and if necessary, file bug reports, escalate to engineering with proper and detailed documentation
- Superb communication skills to effectively manage the customer relationship
- Provide proper documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment and support products with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- Ability to seamlessly shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users
Requirements: I’ve already got that!
- Native-Level Fluency in Korean. Business-Level Fluency in English. Fluency in Japanese is a plus
- Experience with the following systems is a must: Linux, Windows
- Experienced in troubleshooting of Storage/IOPS on OS environments is a MUST
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to the appropriate development team(s)
- The ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Solid knowledge of networking concepts
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem-solving, and problem resolution
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- 5+ years’ experience in a Technical Support role
- Pluses: Experience in Business Intelligence, Enterprise Security a plus but not required
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.