Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
As a Technical Support Engineer (Containers Expert), you will be responsible for providing enterprise-level support to our customers and partners. This is a dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance to resolve customer problems. You will also collaborate with engineering on product issues, contribute to support tools development, knowledge management, and more.
Are you up for a new challenge?
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Troubleshoot Spark running on multi-node clusters and distributed data processing framework
- Analyzing capacity and performance issues in large-scale Kafka environments and provide timely, accurate resolutions and workarounds
- Ability to manage a high volume of technically complex customer support tickets, within SLA requirements
- Ability to collaborate with peers and work cross-function as needed with Field Product and Engineering teams
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Highly skilled at troubleshooting, problem-solving, prioritization, triage, and issue resolution
Requirements: I’ve already got that!
- Experience with the following: Unix, Windows, Mac OS-X, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Kafka and Kubernetes
- At least 1 year of experience with real-time data ingestion using streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Flink and Spark
- Experience with large-scale data streaming pipelines and queue-based event processing systems
- Experience troubleshooting Networking related issues
- Solid understanding of SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Troubleshooting WebUI issues
- Knowledge of HEC/HEC-2: HTTP Event Collector
- Availability for occasional weekend work as the business requires
Nice to have:
- Existing Splunk knowledge, setup experience, troubleshooting, architecture.
- Previous Systems or Network Administration experience
- Previous Senior Level, or Escalation Level enterprise software support experience
- Previous experience with software deployed using Cloud Technologies
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.