Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Splunk is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our global technical support organization offering 24/7 support for our customers around the world. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical product expertise and excellent customer experience around Splunk’s core platform, and participate in ongoing projects around tools, knowledge management, our growing marketplace of solutions, and more. Our team operates on a 7-day global coverage model, and as a result, our support engineers are occasionally asked to work on weekends.
- Provide outstanding service and technical support to Splunk customers and maintain positive customer relationships
- Take ownership of resolving customer problems while ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Champion our customers throughout the entire support case journey
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Splunk product and related technologies, with a focus on our core platform
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Create, reuse, improve, and maintain quality knowledge articles as part of the case management workflow, while following Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) principles and methodology
- Reproduce customer issues, file bug reports, raise issues to Engineering, and be the bridge between customers and product developers
- Drive continuous improvement of tools, processes, and product supportability
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned and participate in special projects
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and excellent communication - both verbal and written
- Experience with UNIX (Linux, *NIX), LDAP, Windows, or Mac OS
- Experience in technical support, system administration, or similar technical role
- Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, NAT, gateways, etc.)
- Knowledge of Python, Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML, or other scripting languages
- Logical approach to problem solving and strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities of customer issues
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly while remaining current with the latest industry knowledge
- Passionate about working in a dynamic technical environment and supporting a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with Splunk Enterprise and/or Splunk Cloud strongly preferred
- Exposure to cloud technologies such as AWS (including Amazon EC2 and S3), Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience providing SaaS support
- Knowledge of containerized technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
- Proficient with packet capture and analysis tools, such as Wireshark, tcpdump, or similar
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and relational databases
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.