Splunk is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, interface with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing market place of solutions, and more.
- Must be in the San Francisco area
- Provide technical support for enterprise customers
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk product
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users.
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Experience with the following systems is a must: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Windows, and Mac OS X
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML
- Experience in Business Intelligence a plus
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- The ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Solid knowledge of networking concepts
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Technical Support or Systems Admin role
- Pluses: Experience in Business Intelligence and fluent in Spanish (writing and speaking in technical terms) a huge plus (but not required)
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.