Technical Support Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
If you have a support background in Application and IT Infrastructure we would love to talk with you about this immediate opportunity to join our team as we expand the Enterprise Support Team in Singapore. This is a very dynamic role where you will be providing escalation support, interface with engineering on product defects and bugs, contribute to ongoing projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, self service initiatives and more.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Develop a deep understanding of Splunk products
- Ability to take ownership of their issues, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems across a range of environments
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Ability to reproduce customer issues and if necessary, file bug reports, escalate to engineering with proper and detailed documentation
- Superb communication skills to effectively manage the customer relationship
- Provide proper documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced work environment and support products with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- Ability to seamlessly shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users
Requirements: I’ve already got that!
- 5 years prior experience in a similar role supporting technical end users
- An ability to learn quickly, and a passion for solving technical problems
- Native speaking Korean or Mandarin
- Superior written and oral English communication skills is essential
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- Assist in testing of solutions
- Strong experience with the following systems: UNIX (AIX, Solaris and/or Linux), HPUX, Windows (Windows Server 2000 and 2003), and Mac OS X
- Strong understanding of Regular Expressions (Regex)
- Good knowledge of networking concepts
- Familiarity with XML and HTML, CSS, XML tasks
- Ability to perform shell, Python and PERL scripts
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience