Splunk is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, collaborate with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing market place of solutions, and more.
- Provide technical support for enterprise customers
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk product
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users.
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, raise cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- You are able to commute to our Plano office
- Experience with the following systems is required: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Windows, and Mac OS X
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting
- Nice to have experience with: Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML
- Experience of Splunk, similar tool or Business Intelligence is a plus
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- The ability to shift gears and focus is important when supporting a product like Splunk
- Solid knowledge of networking concepts
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal social skills are a requirement
- You are able to work in a dynamic technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- 3+ years’ experience in a Technical Support role
- Pluses: Experience in Business Intelligence and fluent in Spanish (writing and speaking in technical terms) a huge plus but not required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.