Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Technical Support Account Manager (TSAM) is responsible for the overall Technical Health of Splunk Customers. The TSAM Program delivers partnership, technical guidance and advocacy to customers either via consistent sustained relationships, Get Well programs or Migration assistance in partnership with Professional Services. The TSAM’s primary focus is to ensure that Splunk customers remain successful and realize the full value of their investment at Splunk.
Our TSAMs have the ability to support multiple accounts strategically and are responsible for the technical health of our customers. The TSAM has a wide latitude for independent actions and can complete all duties assigned while operating with minimal supervision.
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned accounts for all technical health related items
- Restore technical health through detailed and documented Get Well plans
- Advocate for customers during migration efforts and assist with coordination of operational tasks
- Understand the short-term business goals and long-term objectives of each customer as they relate to Splunk to enable the achievement of those goals and objectives through the use of Splunk.
- Provide proactive guidance, planning and recommendations for achieving and maintaining the overall technical health of a customer's Splunk environment.
- Be the internal advocate for the customer to facilitate the resolution of customer issues through coordination of efforts among Splunk’s internal organizations (technical support, incident and escalation management, product development, product management, and executive leadership teams)
- Proactively analyze tickets and interactions to help guide training plans via Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and Education
- Deliver QBRs with customers (onsite and over the phone) in conjunction with sales to review service levels, usage metrics and customer environment performance.
- Work with the relevant technical teams to proactively handle customer configurations and recommend customer environment upgrades and add-ons
- Maintain a close working relationship with the CSM and Sales organizations
- Understand and communicate the customer’s needs to the Account Team
- Keep the customer informed of key information that may be critical to their success (e.g. product roadmaps, new product releases, customer events, or organizational changes)
- Knowledge of software development process
- Working experience supporting Security products (SIEM, User Monitoring and Analytics, SOAR, etc.) directly or supporting customers using Security offerings on premise and/ or Cloud based.
- Ability to learn Splunk Security technologies and obtain associated certifications (Training and testing provided)
- Ability to learn additional Splunk technologies as required. (Training and testing provided)
- Experienced in customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas in a business and user-friendly language
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and lead multiple activities simultaneously
- Ability to work on special projects and run routine technical/operational activities
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Be available on nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to build relationships and influence Senior Leadership
- Possess the confidence to have difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with IT operations and technical infrastructure.
- Travel up to 30% may be required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Yrs. Experience in technical services and customer relationship management
- 5+ Yrs. Experience managing strategic/top accounts in the technology sector
- 5+ Yrs. Experience in Enterprise client/customer facing role
- Project management experience
- Fluent in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Fundamental working knowledge/overview of Splunk
- BA/BS technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- Systems Administration and/or networking experience in a mid to large IT environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.