Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Technical Support Account Manager (TSAM) role at Splunk promotes Customer Success by partnering with both internal and external teams to ensure the successful delivery of Splunk services and products and drive resolution of issues.
- Knows and understands the customer environment and business objectives
- Acts as the primary technical point of contact for customer escalations
- Develops, maintains and presents comprehensive case status reports both internally and externally to customer on a regularly scheduled meeting
- Takes responsibility for driving through the implementation and resolution of all customer cases and remain on top of all issues at all times
- Provides guidance on how to optimize the use of their environment
- Proactively identifies technical risks and bottlenecks
- Assists customer in upgrade planning and change management
- Ensures customer is aware of and follows technical best practices
- Facilitates technical capacity planning
- Fully Bilingual (Japanese/English) with the ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Splunk experience is strongly preferred (Similar Analytics or Business Intelligence experience is considered)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language
- Ability to build relationships and influence Senior Leadership
- Ability to have difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Understand technical concepts, terms/jargon. Experienced as a Technical Support Engineer is a plus
- 5+ years account management, consultation, project management, escalation management and/or technical support experience
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to work in a fast-paced technical environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS (or equivalent)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.