Senior Technical Support Manager, EMEA
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Senior Technical Support Manager, you will focus on leading a growing team of highly technical and dedicated Support Engineers in addition to handling customer issues to a successful conclusion. You will develop the team’s technical knowledge and soft skills through regular meetings, objectives, and on-the-job coaching. In addition, you are a dedicated problem solver that has a real passion for producing positive customer outcomes and can lead by example. Splunk is rapidly growing and will continue to scale at a fast pace. You will be expected to quickly integrate into the extended leadership team and help us to scale. Displays a can-do attitude and growth mindset.
- Ability to manage a team of 15+ people as part of a global organisation
- Manage all operational activities of a support team. Including (but not limited to) scheduling, cross region coordination on next shift hand overs, team backlog management.
- Ability to effectively work and negotiate cross function to solve problems, creation process and build success.
- Lead team to meet or exceed organizational goals
- Handle customer expectations and escalations
- Ability to participate to Incident management and resolution activities
- Create a productive team environment, built on employee engagement, accountability customer satisfaction and meaningful career development
- Collaborate with and support Sales and Customer Success Managers to deliver successful customer outcomes and create opportunities for new or renewed business
- Coach and mentor Support Engineers ad hoc based on opportunity/ need as well as part of regular 1-on-1s. Develop individual goals and career plans.
- Actively participant in strategic projects to drive customer satisfaction, Support KPIs and product supportability.
- Ability to lead team through challenging situations and operational changes as needed
- Strong communication skills. Ability to read an audience, communicate appropriately, articulate issues and action plans, set expectations and deliver difficult news.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed
- Develop a strong understanding of engineering processes and collaborate directly with engineering to resolve core product issues
- Identify, monitor and provide product feedback on trending issues or usability concerns.
- You have the ability to adjust priorities as needed to respond to business needs
- Focus on continuous improvement of organization and individual KPIs
- Lead effective meetings with a clear agenda and record actions
- You work with knowledge management teams to develop KB articles and support community forums, as well as identify case drivers and issue trends
- The position is based out of our Paddington office
- Extensive leadership experience in a Customer Support / Technical Support organization
- Proven success working directly with customers within a technology company
- Communication as a core strength, heavy focus on using data to articulate a story or an issue
- Excellent time management skills with and a strong sense of urgency
- Dedicated to champion the customer problem until resolution
- Initiative and desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with the latest trends; a real passion for solving technical problems
- Experience leading escalation teams or incident teams an asset
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding targets and expectations
- Develop an understanding of the Splunk product in order to communicate effectively
- Experience of Splunk, similar tool or Business Intelligence is advantageous
- UNIX is nice to have but not essential
- Experience of working with a product as complex as Splunk
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, Engineering and/or other related fields strongly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.