Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Technical Support Account Manager (TSAM) at Splunk, you will develop consistent long-term relationships with customers to ensure they remain successful and realize the full value of their investment at Splunk. You will lead multiple accounts strategically and be responsible for the technical health of our customers. You will have a wide latitude for independent actions and can complete all duties assigned while operating with minimal supervision. You will also have the opportunity to work with our amazing teams.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
- Act as a primary technical point of contact for technical issues and escalations for a rapidly growing base of enterprise customers.
- Understand the short-term business goals and long-term objectives of each customer as they relate to Splunk to enable the achievement of those goals and objectives through the use of Splunk.
- Provide proactive guidance, planning and recommendations for the overall technical health of a customer's Splunk environment.
- Assist with maintaining an overall health report on each client considering cases, critical issues, outages and ongoing projects.
- Be the internal advocate for the customer to facilitate the resolution of customer issues through coordination of efforts among Splunk’s internal organizations (technical support, sales, product development, product management, and executive leadership teams)
- Proactively analyze tickets and interactions to figure out and deliver training needs.
- Perform QBRs with customers (onsite and over the phone) in conjunction with sales to review service levels, usage metrics and customer environment performance.
- Work with the relevant technical teams to proactively handle customer configurations and recommend customer environment upgrades and add-ons
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Sales organization to execute on environment upgrades and add-ons
- Understand and communicate the customer’s needs to the Account Team
- Keep the customer informed of key information that may be critical to their success (e.g. product roadmaps, new product releases, customer events, or organizational changes)
- Knowledge of software development process
- Experienced in customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas in a business and user-friendly language
- Ability to forecast churn and upgrades for account base
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and lead multiple activities simultaneously
- Ability to work on special projects and run routine technical/operational activities
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Be available on nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to build relationships and influence Senior Leadership
- Possess the confidence to have difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with IT operations and technical infrastructure.
- Fundamental working knowledge/overview of Splunk
- Travel up to 30% may be required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Yrs. Experience in technical services and customer relationship management
- 5+ Yrs. Experience managing strategic/top accounts in the technology sector
- 5+ Yrs. Experience in Enterprise client/customer facing role
- Project management experience
- Fluent in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- BA/BS technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- Operational working knowledge/overview of Splunk
- Systems Administration and/or networking experience in a mid to large IT environment
Does this role excite you? Can you see it as your next big challenge?
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.