Splunk is recruiting a Technical Phantom Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, collaborate with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing market place of solutions, and more.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Work directly with customers and partners to provide Enterprise and Cloud Level Support
- Respond to and follow up on our client’s product related issues
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Develop a keen understanding of the Splunk product
- Provide documentation and participate in online forum support for real-time questions
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Providing extraordinary customer service and technical support to Splunk clients and maintaining customer relationships
- Assist in developing support tools to help troubleshoot issues
Requirements: I’ve already done that!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- Experience in: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), LDAP, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Experience in a Technical Support or Service Engineer capacity
- An understanding of Relational Databases
- Python, Shell Script, Perl, C++/C#/Java, HTML, XML, JSON, Regex
- Experience of Splunk, similar tool or Business Intelligence is a plus
- Logical approach to problem-solving
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal skills, and relationship building capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise customer issues effectively
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to work in a dynamic technical environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates.