Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for a motivated Technical Revenue Accounting Manager to join its revenue accounting team. The position will be responsible for developing revenue policies and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Provide technical accounting guidance to various Splunk stakeholders across the company to ensure accurate accounting, reporting and disclosure of Splunk's financial
- Assist in the review of revenue disclosures for external financial reporting, including 10Q's, 10K's and 8K's and assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements.
- Work with the pricing committee and cross-functional stakeholders to provide revenue assessment in the new pricing models and/or new product introduction.
- Provide technical accounting assistance with special projects.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, deferred revenue valuation and integration.
- Manage the process of maintaining Corporate Revenue Accounting Policy including regular updates of all accounting policies.
- Prepare and present technical accounting updates to the finance organization as needed.
- Prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met for relevant areas (e.g. disclosure
controls, policy review controls etc).
- Assist with other projects as necessary.
- Work with Sales, Sales Operations and Legal during contract negotiations and provide suggestions and assistance in order to ensure proper revenue recognition .
- Review revenue related contracts and apply revenue recognition guidelines and document the assessment in contract memorandums.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience including Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Detail-oriented, and experience multitasking and prioritizing to deliver impact in fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research accounting literature and simplify complex situations
- Self-motivated, strong work ethics and able to work independently with minimal supervision
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.