Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Technical Relationship Manager to champion and foster our technical relationship with AWS. You will be part of the vendor management area of our Splunk Cloud Business Operations team located in San Francisco, CA. This position reports into the Engineering organization and is accountable for bridging the business stakeholders in Sourcing and Finance with our technical Product and Engineering teams, while managing our infrastructure cost and partnering with our Cloud Service Providers to maximize value.
- Managing the Splunk partnership with Amazon by being the liaison between AWS and the engineering, product, and operational teams within Splunk.
- Growing the partnership by meeting with a diversity of AWS teams, forecasting capacity and planning regional expansion.
- Measuring the success of the overall partnership with the creation of operational and business reviews and roadmap planning.
- Analyzing Splunk's overall infrastructure spend and forecast as needed to ensure contracted commits are met and negotiated appropriately.
- Building and maintaining metrics to measure Cloud Service Provider (CSP) success.
- Crafting Purchase Orders for AWS spend, managing AWS billing accounts, and investigating payment issues to a resolution.
- Coordinating regular roadmap transparency cadences to ensure we adopt and use new solutions from our vendors to optimize the infrastructure behind Splunk Cloud
- Collaborate with Cloud Engineering, Product Management and Operations teams to build plans and roadmap for greater efficiency
- BA or BS, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a vendor relationship
- Extensive knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Proven experience with Infrastructure Vendors (GCP, AWS and/or Azure)
- 5+ years experience using tools such as; Excel, Google Sheets, JIRA, Confluence, Slack and SFDC
- Solid understanding of AWS offerings and the AWS Management Console
- Strong analytical and technical skills to work on sophisticated business issues
- Experience working cross-functionally with operations, product engineering and finance teams
- Collaborative skills with outstanding social and interpersonal skills
- Take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion
- Proven data-driven attention to detail and follow through are vital
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.