Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Technical Relationship Manager to be the central point of contact for all the vendors Splunk Cloud relies on to provide its world-class SaaS. This role will be an integral part of the vendor management area of our Splunk Cloud Business Operations team located in San Francisco, CA. The position reports into the Engineering organization and is accountable for connecting all cloud vendors to the organization, while acting as the main source of vendor data for Finance and Procurement. You'll manage the relationship with our vendors, analyze spend, and create processes that lead to improvements in the efficiency of our operations while maximizing the value provided by our vendors. We're looking for someone to bring a fresh approach to problems of all shapes and sizes and help us build a top-notch team. You will partner with all Splunk departments to control their Cloud spend and work specially close with Splunk's Finance and Sourcing teams. Splunk offers the chance to work with cutting-edge technology in a collaborative, exciting, and dynamic environment.
Build a Splunk Cloud Vendor Management Program
- Develop methodologies to supervise vendor spend across the company to ensure efficient consumption and cost
- Create vendor management tracker to be used by the broader Splunk Cloud team (Security, Finance, Legal, Operations, Engineering, Product, etc.)
- Partner cross functionally to oversee all relationships with external vendors
- Collaborate with Finance, Engineering, Product and Procurement to drive transparency across projects and initiatives
- Contribute to the renegotiation of contracts and renewals of prospective and existing Splunk Cloud vendors
- Collaborate with Procurement team to develop and streamline a standard onboarding process for new vendors
- Support POs for Cloud Stakeholders; investigate and identify issues in the process to a resolution
Develop a Forecasting Methodology
- You'll partner with engineering to ensure that we can provide Finance with visibility into upcoming new contracts and renewals, with the objective of forecasting spend
- You’ll use program management methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead supplier management initiatives to support Splunk's SaaS offering
Support Vendor Management
- Establish relationships with our suppliers and with the engineering managers responsible for our suppliers' solutions within Splunk
- Ensure that all vendors are held to cost, usage and reporting standards, and that the adequate cadence is in place with each
Executive Reporting & Collaboration
- Develop weekly reporting on required metrics
- Collaborate with engineers and technical operation teams to prioritize initiatives
- Represent the Vendor area of the team in meetings regarding third party vendors and provide recommendations on new vendors in a data driven approach
- BA or BS, or equivalent practical experience
- Proven experience as an account or vendor manager (preferably focusing on Software vendors)
- 5+ years experience using tools such as; Excel, Google Sheets, JIRA, Confluence, Slack and SFDC
- Strong analytical and technical skills to work on sophisticated business issues
- Experience working cross-functionally with procurement, engineering and finance teams
- Collaborative with outstanding social and interpersonal skills
- Take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a highly cross functional teams
- Proven data-driven attention to detail and follow through are vital
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.